No End In Sight

Kjmollyo
on 7/30/12 10:35 am
RNY on 01/23/12
 Well, it goes from bad to badder!  I woke yesterday early morning to find that my feeding tube site had opened and was draining copious amounts of pus.  Now I am a pretty tolerant person but I am getting pretty tired of one thing after the other.  In addition to my fractured rib I have an abcess, not a hematoma.  The pain is much more manageable now that it is draining.  Dr Vergis opened it up some more so it will drain better and he says it should heal quickly.  I dont know that I believe I will ever be all better, but I gotta keep trying I guess.  Thanks for listening-have a great day all.  kj

Current Weight 118 lbs

Kokonut
on 7/30/12 12:00 pm
Awww now that is a crummy deal!! I sure hope you will heal up nice and quick from this new setback. I tell ya this getting skinny thing ain't for wimps!!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Tanya W.
on 7/31/12 12:40 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I am relieved to hear that the pain has subsided but sorry to hear that there is an additional problem.

You must have a warrior spirit to go through all this and still not regret your decision.

Let's hope that this is the beginning of the end!

Tanya

alle
on 7/31/12 2:06 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Oh my goodness I just reread some of your earlier posts pertaining to this whole situation and I just can't imagine what it has been like for you going through all of this.  You are definately made of stern stuff!  I wish you relief and speedy healing.  I have so many more questions now for my next follow up visit.  Take care and rest up.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
rainyone
on 7/31/12 7:15 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
OMG ... that totally sucks. Are you having to pack the wound? is it draining lots ... pm me if you need any dressing supplies .

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

its-killen-me
on 7/31/12 3:43 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
I sure hope this is the last of complications for you. Get some rest and have a speedy recovery. Barb
emily_cc.cc
on 8/1/12 4:42 am
MY GOODNESS! how did you break a rib? during surgery? by DR VERGIS?!? That makes me abit scared as I have Dr Vergis doing my surgery....should I be freaked out?
Emily
Kjmollyo
on 8/1/12 12:40 pm
RNY on 01/23/12
 Who knows how it got broken-it could have been something as simple as being moved to my bed after.  It was emergency surgery, middle of the night...better my rib than something else I guess.  He is a wonderful doc though-very good.

Current Weight 118 lbs

Most Active