Home and on the mend...

Aprilly
on 8/9/12 8:17 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Surgery Tuesday morning, discharged about 4pm yesterday.   Now on the road to recovery.

Need to make appointmet for 6 week follow up with surgeon, 2 week appointment with nurses at Vic hospital, follow up nutrition appointment with Laura.   Dr.s at hospital told me not to continue with the metformin for diabetes (already!!)  but to follow up with my own GP on all meds.  

My tummy does feel like its spasming a bit ~ did anyone else feel like that?   A weird sensation.

I'm off... need a walk around the block and to start sipping the ol'protein.
its-killen-me
on 8/9/12 8:27 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Congrats. Sounds like you are doing well, welcome to the loosers bench.
alle
on 8/9/12 8:49 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Glad to hear you're home so quickly and doing well.  I had muscle spasms all through the first night after surgery.  Thank goodness they stopped by morning.  There were horrible and I didn't sleep for more than 20 mins at a time all that first night. 

Don't overdo it....it will amaze you how quckly you can go from feeling great to totally whacked out.  Naps are a good thing and get your water in.  Happy Healing!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
rainyone
on 8/9/12 5:35 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Does it feel like it is your stomach ( sleeve ) or the muscles in your abdomen? I had the muscle issues. I figured it was the laproscopic tools and stuff.  It did go away after a few days.

Glad you are doing well.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active