Update

Kjmollyo
on 9/5/13 10:36 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Its done...I am officially on the mend!  Spent 5 hours in the OR and 3 hours in recovery.  Dr Vergis said that the ulcer was much larger than they had thought and it had perforated but was contained by the omental patch (whew).  They removed close to a foot of my jejeunum and just a bit of my pouch.  I will probably need one or two dilatations but not for a bit.  He said I will need to be on fluids for quite a while due to all the inflammation and swelling.  I cant ge****er down yet...but it will come.  It was a really rough nite with the nausea and pain, but that is getting better too.  I went for a couple of walks this afternoon.  Threw up some fresh blood but that seems to be getting better.  Dr Vergis said everything went according to his plan.  He seemed pretty pleased which makes me feel reassured.  Thanks for all the kind words and prayers....kj

Current Weight 118 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/13 11:53 am

im glad you are feeling better.i hope you got some rest after i left today.i was really hoping that you were able to keep the nausea at bay after you got meds.im glad your up and walking,but kim please take it easy you had a extra rough go this time and i would like to have you take the time to rest and recover .

talk to you soon

sondra

TeashaLorna
on 9/6/13 11:53 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Kim I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better. Hugs!!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Michelle_2975
on 9/8/13 12:32 am - Canada

Kim, I sure hope that this does the trick for you!!!  Here's to a quick recovery.

Alvina300
on 9/9/13 11:26 am - Canada

Hi Kim

How are you feeling today?   Hope you're starting to feel better and get your strength back. Look forward to seeing you at the next meet and greet 

Take care

Alvina

its-killen-me
on 9/11/13 2:08 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Hi Kim, I am sure glad to hear that you are doing okay.  I hope this is the last of the surgeries for you.  You have had MORE than your share of those.   Have a speedy recovery.  Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Kjmollyo
on 9/11/13 5:03 am
RNY on 01/23/12

I am feeling better as time goes by.  Its been a bit rougher than my other recoveries.  They are talking about supplementing me nutritionally with TPN, but i think we still have some time.  I am eating a bit of cream soup 3 or 4 times a day.  They removed my drain today so i feel a bit liberated.  My sister is making me some cream of potato soup for the next few days.  No talk of discharge but i am hoping if i am still here on the weekend i can have a pass.  I have great roomate and we are at the far end of he hall so its quiet and restful as it can be.  Hope to see you all at the meet and greet.  Take care...kj

Current Weight 118 lbs

TeashaLorna
on 9/11/13 12:21 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Thank you for keeping us up to date on your recovery. I was wondering tonight how you were doing. I hope you get a pass for the weekend to. Will say a prayer that you have a speedy recovery.

Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active