Just Got Accepted. Looking for advice and information!

jm970
on 11/30/15 1:26 pm

My physician called me this morning to let me know that I was accepted into the bariatric program. I was wondering if anyone can tell me about how long I can expect to wait until they contact me directly? 

I was referred about 2 months ago. 

I am SO nervous! 

33w33w
on 12/5/15 6:13 pm

You are likely at least two years to orientation and then a further 6 months to a year to surgery.   There are lots of us from MB on face book  ..... the admin of that page is Karen Hume Erickson....if you would like to join us there lots of info from those waiting and post op.

normalaw1919
on 12/7/15 7:46 am - Canada

Hi - I am also recently accepted, and would really like to join the facebook group.

My name - Norma Law

email [email protected]

sharra
on 10/6/16 8:11 am

I just had my first intake appointment scheduled for November, I'd be very interested in this facebook group. 

My email is: [email protected] can you either have me added or advise the name of the group?

jm970
on 12/16/15 11:32 am

Thank you so much!  I will see if I can find it!

Ebayani
on 6/11/16 7:29 pm - Ile des Chenes, Canada

I'm from Manitoba too and have orientation July 2016. I requested to be added a while ago and haven't heard back

busycrazymom
on 8/4/16 4:41 pm

I have already had orientation and am waiting to hear when my surgery date will be. I live just outside of Winnipeg. I am very interested in getting to know others that are also going through this process. Possibly we can modivate eachother.

speissgm
on 9/5/16 10:25 am

I am waiting to get to the next stage my iron wasn't where it needed to be at my last appt it was at 45 and needs to be at 50 - next blood test at the end of the month and if it's up to 50 or above I get to meet with surgeon, anesthetist, and have my pre-op post op diet training

speissgm
on 9/21/16 6:40 pm

I have had orientation in April and gone through 2 personal appointments - just had blood work redone today - keeping fingers crossed my iron level is finally up where it needs to be - to move on to meeting the surgeon, anesthetist, and start pre-op/post op diet teaching its beginning to feel like I will never make it to the next step.

busycrazymom
on 9/21/16 10:02 pm

I just got my surgery date. It is for Oct 12. If you are looking for someone to talk to or possibly keep motivated with just let me know. 

Julie

Most Active