Antacids

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 2:06 am - Hagerstown, MD
Ok......after being almost 4 months out.....I have to be reminded that I MUST KEEP TAKING THE ANTACIDS!!!!!!!! For the past week I had been having abdominal pains right around 9 pm every night.......

I was talking to Caryn and she said that she still takes hers so I guess antacids are a lifetime thing? The papers I got when i was discharged from the hospital only said a month.....I guess I have to keep taking them. Man this diet gets more and more expensive!!!!

After taking a pepcid last night the pain went away.
Cira S.
on 7/30/08 2:09 am - Charles Town , WV
Oh yeah atleast for the first year!  I do good with out the antiacid now. But now then I take it...
You are still early out I would take it daily faithfully.   Trust me you will be better when you are further out.

(hugs)

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

justthebeginning
on 7/30/08 2:14 am - Cambridge, MD
Aaron:

I didn't get that memo.  I haven't been taking any.  Now I need to go home and read my papers.

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 2:18 am - Hagerstown, MD
Well I guess you need to determine how you feel. I have been having some spicy food lately (the spicy black bean burgers with spicy brown mustard and the pizza yesterday). It just never fails that around 9 pm at night, I can't eat or drink anything more because I would just hurt. I never realized that it could be heartburn but it felt too far down to be heartburn......maybe it's acid in the intestines. Anywho, once I took a pepcid (I still crushed it and took with water), I felt fine in like 20 minutes.
Cira S.
on 7/30/08 2:21 am - Charles Town , WV
The same happens with me if I eat anything spicy or drink anything acidic.

Lay off the spicy food until your pouch and  intestines completely heal from surgery.  it has only been about a couple of months since. 

Glad you felt better! Thanks Caryn for helping our cuddly bear!

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Darla P.
on 7/30/08 2:22 am - Timonium, MD
GASX thinstrips work great

Darla     -

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 5:07 am - Hagerstown, MD
And that helps with what I'm supposing is heartburn?
karen324
on 7/30/08 5:01 am - Ellicott City, MD
That's the same thing that is happening to me and that is why my dr wants an endoscopy done to rule out any strictures.  I'm not taking the antacids and never have. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 5:06 am - Hagerstown, MD
hmmmm....I would think that if I had a stricture then it would hurt all the time? For me it's just a certain time of day and usually after I have something spicy
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 5:40 am - Millersville, MD
aaron, if you find out that you don't have to take the expensive stuff like the prevacid, you might to consider tums.  i take my prevacid every morning, but was feeling nauseated at night.  dvr told me to take a tums before bedtime.  it's extra calcium as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2787 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views