Protein Powder w/ water?

IrishEyz
on 12/7/09 3:45 am - Columbia, MD
I am looking for the brands/flavors of protein powders which are dairy free, and I can mix with water without them being gritty.  I know individual taste will varry, but I am hoping to get a small list together so I can purchase some very soon.

Thank you in advance!
PRE-OP: 368
CURRENT: 245
DR'S GOAL:180
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 3:48 am - Middle River, MD

All of these websites sell a variety of protein powders and all of them sell samples, too, which is important as your taste can/may change.

www.bariatriceating.com

www.unjury.com

www.vitalady.com

HTH,

Tia

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 3:56 am - Elkridge, MD
I use ProCel by Global Health Products in my water daily. It just makes the water look milky, but there's no change in the consistency. now, it does only get 6 gms of protein per serving.
kmom1420
on 12/7/09 8:11 am
I keep forgetting to ask so here goes. Can you make protein drinks up the night before or do they get clumpy/thick??

crabbyKel
Beginning wt 286/ CW 279/GW135    
Nicole T.
on 12/7/09 9:19 pm
i would not suggest doing that because it may degrade the protein. post this question on the rny or main board to make sure though.
IrishEyz
on 12/7/09 9:56 am - Columbia, MD
Thank you. I just wasn't too sure if there were certian brands that mixed better with water.
Brandi M.
on 12/7/09 10:07 am - Baltimore, MD
You may want to try the Nectar brand protein, which is not milky and more like juice. Vitalady sells samples on her website and she ships pretty quickly.

On another note, I just want to say good luck! You are in excellent hand with Dr. Singh. I absolutely adore him!
IrishEyz
on 12/8/09 1:08 am - Columbia, MD
Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the advice and encouragement! 
Crash220
on 12/8/09 8:10 am - Reisterstown, MD
I use Syntha6, mixed with water,, and love them. I make three surveings at a time, drink one and put the rest in the fridge for later, when I travel, I make shakes up for the entire trip, and put in a cooler. I don't see how they can degrade, wouldn't the ready to drink degrade also?

Tom
People laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they are all the same

IrishEyz
on 12/9/09 3:38 am - Columbia, MD
Thanks Tom, I just placed an order for some samples with VitaLady and included that brand in my purchase as well.

I may ask my NUT about pre-mixing, as you pose a good point!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1836 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2787 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views