help please

SOCOCHIC1014
on 5/5/16 4:59 am - Shady Side, MD

Hello Everyone! 

I need HELP! I had revision from lap band to RNY in February 2016. I have not lost any weight. :( Partly I know its because i can finally eat food. 

A little history, Had my band for about 5 years and I ended up having complications including not being able to eat, everything i ate had to come back up, i also had severe acid reflux and after an endoscopy I found out that I also had major inflimation of my esophagus and stomach at top and bottom. This caused the doctor to want to do the revision ASAP.

I am currently 202 pounds. I went through a 2 week period where all I ate was fruit. I was so excited to be able to eat fruit! It had been 3 years since i could eat an apple or an orange and keep it down that i had to eat it. Now I am trying the low carb route and it has made me gain weight. I am at a loss and feel like a looser. (not in a good way...lol) 

Anyone else had this problem???

Plus on the BM side, i have found that I have blood in my stool... anyone else had this??

I am very greatful that i had the revision surgery, i just am looking for insite from people to get me on track. 

kerbear1969
on 6/28/16 4:32 pm - MD

I will put in my two cents on why your not loosing weight, to much empty calories with little nutritional value.  Fruit a no no for me.  When I had my RNY I asked myself "what is it that made you fat" "what was it that made you gain your weight back after every successful diet" for me it was carbs and sugar.  Soooooo, I eliminated carbs and sugar pretty much since surgery.  I typically eat: protein shake for breakfast mid morning snack I have quest bar, lunch I eat rotisserie chicken usually, afternoon iced coffee with sugar free creamer, dinner more chicken sometimes a bite or two of broccoli well done or spinach.  I really have only touched fruit once and it made me gain!  I drink 80oz water a day sweetened with no carb sugar free flavors.  I am almost 11 months out now and I'd say I've been successful thus far!  So my advice is to think about what your "trigger" foods are then eliminate them completely and rework your brain for the next 8 months or so, once you've reached your goal start incorporating fruit and other low carb/low cal things back into your diet.  Remember protein first, always no exceptions.  This is just my two cents.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1835 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2786 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4002 views