Major Heartburn, HELP FAST PLEASE!!!!!

ozlady1000
on 3/2/07 9:46 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Everyone, These past couple of weeks my heartburn seems to be getting worse and worse! I take 40 mg nexum (which I crack and disolve cap as doc instructed); also added and tried pepcid complete, Maxlox extra strength, and pepto! None of these seem to take care of the problem! It is getting worse; and it cause me not to want to eat at all. I have tired keeping my for soft, mild; and bland! When I eat it feels as if I have put a hot rock in my stomach!!! It is also the same when I drink anything as well. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to call my doc on Monday. My family doctor has been acting as if he does not want to help care for me much since my surgery, as if he is afraid to even deal with any of this. Don't know if I should call surgeon or my doctor. Can this constant heartburn harm me seriously??? I know I am not eating or drinking enough due to this problem; and it affecting me in everyway. Even my mood has become depressive. My poor hubby is frustrated, and upset because he can not help me. I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVISE AND HELP FAST PLEASE.. Sincerely, Judy R.
shell0995
on 3/2/07 10:51 pm - Farwell, MI
Being less than a month out, you really should call your surgeon with an issue such as this.
momofsix
on 3/2/07 10:54 pm - Pinckney, MI
Judy, I would call your surgeon... It does not sound exactly like what I went through but similar.... I tried tums, maloxx and all of that as well.. It turned out I had a stricture and they had to dialate it... Your surgeon may want you to have a scope done to rule out that and/or ulcers... I had both.... DEFINITELY call your surgeon on Monday.... don't wait.. there is no reason for you to be miserable.. it may be nothing, but you never know..... Good Luck and keep us posted....
FlyingFox
on 3/2/07 11:23 pm - Westland, MI
You could always try eating chili cheese fries, with catchup, mustad and full fat sour cream :LOL: Just kidding :shrug: SERIOUSLY call your surgeon don't wait until Monday. It sounds like you might have a stricture. You need to get this checked out A.S.A.P. Hope you feel better soon. God bless, FF
Jay K.
on 3/3/07 1:18 am - Madison Heights, MI
that does NOT sound like heartburn to me. CALL YOUR SURGEON A.S.A.P. if nothing else it will ease your mind, stress produces acid.
Tracey R.
on 3/4/07 9:26 pm
I was just wondering how you were doing? I am praying for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics