Dr Weaver, Bronson Hospital, Kalamazoo, pre-op

Bubbles314
on 9/7/14 10:09 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi everyone, I was so supprized I got an answer.       I feel the support :)

Just went to the Dieticion.  Dr Weaver gives specific pre- op protein drinks, tells you how many a day to mix with skim milk.  Slim fast, carnation instant breakfast sugar free, unjury, glucose controlled "Boost".  You can not mix slim fast for breakfast meal and unjury for lunch in the same day.  You can drink unjury all day (amount approved), or slim fast all day long (amt approved).  You can also have water, crystal light, decaf tea, sugar free gelatin, clear broth and sugar free popsicles in addition to the 800 calories in full liquids.  Up to 64 oz each day.  Recommended 60 grams of protein  daily.  To use any other protein product you need to clear it with the Dieticion.  After surgery they will give you samples, maybe coupons for protein drinks and then you can use other brand protein drinks.

Most people have a 2 week pre-op liquid diet, he asked me to do 3 weeks.  Scares me, I keep telling myself "You can do it, the surgery will save your life", its all about change and getting healthy.

I do like Dr Weaver he seems very smart, self assured, not arrogant, and so it appears good health again (good for us).  He has assured me I will make it through the surgery he has done well over 5000 RNY.  Still makes me nervous going under:(

I am glad you are all having positive experiences where you at in the process.

I also live in Portage.  I think I have answered the questions.  I start the liquid diet Monday, September 15th.  eeek gritting teeth

I do hope to follow Donna's lead and have an unremarkable surgery and recovery.  When do the rest of you have surgery and what kind?

Keep in touch and best of luck

Bubbles314
on 9/7/14 10:18 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Pretty in Pink,  I have heard good things about your doctor from mine.

Do you go to the support group meetings?  Maybe we will run into each other sometime Kalamazoo people.  I haven't went to the Borgess groups yet but I intend to. 

best of luck

Most Active
Recent Topics