Need help locating a doctor

slfam
on 10/7/15 9:19 am - WI

I am in need of help finding a surgeon in the southwest Michigan area (Coldwater, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, etc... or even into Northern Indiana). I had the RNY years ago and have now moved away from my surgeon who is in another state. I am having some pouch pain and likely need an endoscopy. I want a surgeon who will listen to me and has a great deal of experience and doesn't just tell you to take tums and carnation instant breakfast for nutrition but truly understands the importance of supplements, etc... If anyone can help me find someone (I would love recommendations on those to stay away from as well as those who are good options) I would really appreciate it.I am in need of help finding a surgeon in the southwest Michigan area (Coldwater, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, etc... or even into Northern Indiana). I had the RNY years ago and have now moved away from my surgeon who is in another state. I am having some pouch pain and likely need an endoscopy. I want a surgeon who will listen to me and has a great deal of experience and doesn't just tell you to take tums and carnation instant breakfast for nutrition but truly understands the importance of supplements, etc... If anyone can help me find someone (I would love recommendations on those to stay away from as well as those who are good options) I would really appreciate it.

sonnieN
on 10/19/15 8:18 am - grand rapids, MI

I would recommend going to Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids MI. It's about an hour north of Battle Creek/Kalamazoo but they are the best surgeons and facility in the area. They don't just do surgery and send you on your way. The aftercare and follow ups are wonderful. I believe they even now have their own endoscopy area at their office.

slfam
on 10/19/15 1:15 pm - WI

Excellent! Thank you for the suggestion!

alouisa63
on 10/22/15 11:18 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Kalamazoo also has Borgess - you can check out their weight loss program and talk to one of the Drs there.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Marianne H.
on 12/7/15 5:08 pm - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15

I absolutely agree with Grand Health Partners. I love both Dr Baker and Dr Kemmeter. They saved my life after another surgeon messed me up!

MelissaKay_69
on 1/30/16 10:41 am

I don't know if you have found one get, but my surgeon is Dr. Schuhknecht with Lakeland Health in Nile's. I had my surgery September 22nd and have been very pleased.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 12:07 pm
ReShape on 10/30/16

I'm originally from battle creek, Unfortunately my surgeon moved to Maine to start a bariatric program for a surgical group there about a year after my surgery so she will be of no help. 

I have heard great things about the group in Grand Rapids. I'll let you know if I hear of a good option a little lower in the state.  Rich

Most Active
Recent Topics