Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Edi P.
on 11/8/07 10:00 pm - Zellwood, FL

Thank you everyone for your prayers and words of comfort!  Things are slowly getting back to normal at home.  My niece's fiance's father is a general contractor and he's custom building my frame and strengthening what he can.  I'm not going to fool myself into thinking I'll get my jewelry back, but it can be replaced if I choose.  I've been working with the police and have started going to pawn shops in the area.  I found photo's of things I bought from QVC and Jewelry TV and the pawn shops took those photos so they could keep an eye out for things coming in.  Most reputiable shops hold things 60 days so that they can mat*****oming jewelry with the police database.  (I've learned more about pawn shops and crooks than I ever thought I needed to know.)  I've never kept reciepts for my bobbles, but was lucky that the jewelry stores where I've purchased some nicer pieces still had my records, so I was able to send receipts to my insurance company. I still haven't been able to sleep in my bedroom, I'm just to anxious yet.  I think this weekend I'll rearrange the furniture or something to give it a new look.  I threw away the pillow that they took the pillow case off of to stash my stuff....just couldn't have it in the house. I'm swamped at work and just want to get back to life as usual, but I truly appreciate the outpour of good thoughts and prayers from all of you.  I'm blessed to have you!!!

Thank you again so much!!

Highest:  349
Lowest:  175
Surgeon's Goal:  189
My Goal:  A healtier happier me!! 

2014 update...regained but haven't lost faith.

barbk
on 11/8/07 11:31 pm - Eagan, MN
Have you looked into an alarm system/company?  We have one on all the windows and doors that are reachable by crooks.  Just me knowing that if I'm home I WILL KNOW someone just got in the house that sets my mind at ease and I sleep better.  PM me and I'll give a few hints on set up.

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Edi P.
on 11/9/07 2:00 am - Zellwood, FL
Yes, my friend is giving my name to her friend who installs systems.

dnitti
on 11/8/07 11:32 pm - Vadnais Heights, MN

Edi I am so sorry to hear about your break in. I know exactly how you feel. When I lived on the east side of St Paul(by Lake Phalen) my house was broken into. It takes a long time to get over it. Thank goodness you have someone that can fix your door stronger.

May God watch over you in your time of need.

Edi P.
on 11/9/07 2:01 am - Zellwood, FL
Thanks Dorothy!   I don't think I'll be able to make it to coffee, since the contractor will be coming over.

Lori Pool
on 11/9/07 12:21 am - Chanhassen, MN

I concur with Barb. I have an alarm system. It makes me feel safe at night. I would look into this.  Hugs, Lori

grannyeileen
on 11/9/07 12:25 am - Eagan, MN
Hi Edi, Just a quick note to say I hope things are slowly getting back to normal (whatever that word means) and they catch those dirty little buggers that broke in and took your stuff..  I don't know what the world is coming to; but it sure is scarey.  I didn't respond to your original e-mail as I saw all the support that you were getting and thought perhaps a couple of the stories I sent might let you smile .....just for a second or two.  I especially hope you liked the "large kitty" I sent over this morning. Well, just wanted you to know that I've been praying for you and hope you eventually will be able to get some or all of it back.  You know how we all love your jewelry......and you too. Hugs, Granny Eileen
Edi P.
on 11/9/07 2:02 am - Zellwood, FL
Thanks Granny!  I'll see you at Black Sheep later this evening!

Shannin
on 11/9/07 1:24 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi, Edi - Just to let you know I am thinking of you during this stressful/difficult time. This may be a bit "out there" but one of the rituals I do to remove bad karma, negative spirits, etc. is to "smudge." You can get sage smudge bundles at Whole Foods - it's sage and sometimes other aromatics like lavender tied into a bundle about the thickness of your wrist. You light the end on fire and blow out the flame, letting it smoke. You walk around the space, letting the smoke reach all corners. Many people do this when moving into a new house or on a regular basis. I usually smudge my entire house and property on Halloween to get rid of negative energy/vibes and to continue my good luck for the upcoming year. Here is a definition I got off the Internet:

Smudging is the burning of certain herbs to create a cleansing smoke bath, which is used to purify people, ceremonial and ritual space, and ceremonial tools and objects.There are different ceremonies and rituals that can be done.

The burning of herbs or incense is a practice held sacred by many indigenous cultures. It is a ritual for cleansing, purifying and protecting the physical and spiritual bodies. The effect of the smoke is to banish negative energies.

Many differing cultures and peoples have their own methods and herbal mixtures for this purpose. Smudging, done correctly, can bring physical, spiritual and emotional balance.

The term Smudging originated in the Native American culture. Native American Indians use a variety of smudging mixtures. In olden times, the end of the smudge stick or braid was lit from the central or cooking fire.

This has really helped me to "reset" when something bad has happened. I feel like the smoke takes away the negative energy and allows me to feel more positive. Let me know if you need more information!
Shannin
336>162>170  Below GOAL!!

"Every now and then, somewhere, someplace, sometime, you are going to have to plant
your feet, stand firm, and make a point about who you ar and what you believe in. When that times comes you simply have to do it" ~Pat Riley
Edi P.
on 11/9/07 1:58 am - Zellwood, FL

Thanks Shannin.  I had a similar idea on the line of smudging, but a bit different.  I walked through the house and shouted, "I take this room back by the grace of God!"  It scared my cat.  That also reminded me of the time my girlfriends and I decided to "exorcise" the memory of an old boyfriend out of my life.  We took his pictures, put them in a cake pan, poured vodka over the pictures.  Then as my good friend Jody danced around the table chanting, she threw a match in the cake pan.  It went up with such a burst that the ceiling tiles caught on fire and we had to dial 911.  Luckily she had a fire extinguisher and we were able to put out the fire before the fire department showed up.  After getting a MAJOR chewing out from the cops, the fire department and the apartment manager....we laughed our butts off!!!  Oh to be young and foolish (and totally drunk) again!!  BUT, I felt WAY better about the ex-bf!! Thanks again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2611 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2694 views