Viactiv

Jamiejo123
on 11/10/07 7:36 pm - Shakopee, MN
Does anyone here use Viactiv as a calcium supplement?  I just bought a box of milk choc. 120 pieces for $10.60 at Costco in  Eden Praire.  Seems to be a good deal if anyone is intrested.   Jamie Jo
Goldenmom
on 11/10/07 9:51 pm - Brooklyn Center, MN
My husband & I use it daily.  We usually get the Target or Walmart generic.  It is about $5.00 for 60. Have a wonderful Sunday! Laura
sweetsue617
on 11/11/07 2:11 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Hi~ I used to indulge in Viactive, but my nutrition technologist (a guy who has studied enough to be a doctor or pharmacist, but specializes in how the body uses vitamins and minerals, etc.) has recommended a liquid called SISU, which is calcium/magnesium citrate. Each tablespoon has 500 mg calcium citrate, 200 mg. magnesium citrate, and 200 IU vitamin D2. I take 2 Tbl. at bedtime, so the calcium helps me sleep better. My nutrition technologist says that calcium carbonate is basically oyster shell and we don't have the gastric acid to utilize it. Anyway---FYI~
Lucy1972
on 11/11/07 6:48 am - Luverne, AL
I was told to use the calcium citrate only, not the calcium carbonate, as we don't absorb it like the calcium citrate.  However, I know others use calcium carbonate and their levels are fine.  Best advice is to do what the nutritionist tells you to do, follow your surgeon's program.  I use the citrical chews!!!  Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1363 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2607 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views