5 Day Pouch Test - Finished

Farrah W
on 11/11/07 10:07 am - Tallahassee, FL
It's kind of weird to be done with this and have no food restrictions, or a list of exact foods that I could eat. It was easier when I knew exactly what I could and what I couldn't eat.  I allowed myself to have SF pudding because they said that was ok on the plan. I had my husband make our "Crack" recipe yesterday as it didn't have any sugar in it (it consists of only SF cool whip, cream cheese and splenda) and ate quite a bit of it yesterday. I KNEW that chocolate was a "trigger food" for me, but maybe it's just all sweets? Now that the "crack" is gone, I want and crave desserts/carbs/sweets. Did I just screw everything up that I worked hard for all week?   Maybe I just can't eat ANYTHING sweet at all - ever? Am I just one of those people that can't have "just one bite"? I know, even after surgery, I couldn't eat just one bite of something that tasted good. I always wanted more. I just can't comprehend the "Being skinny is better than whatever you're craving" or whatever that saying is.  I'm a little disenchanted with this whole experience - because I feel like I messed it all up and am never going to be able to get this right.
lcarlson2
on 11/11/07 11:01 am - Otsego, MN

Oh Farrah, Don't beat yourself up. You did five days and tried to test the water (haven't we all) and now you are aware more now that ever that maybe you are one of those people that can't test the water yet. I suggest instead of beating yourself up look at how far you have come and just know you can do it.  I really  am not a poster on the boards much but a great lurker and I know that you can do this. You have help many of us out. You found the strength to do the 5 day pouch test I have all the confidence in the world that you will find the strength to overcome the sweet demon. Great job and be proud of yourself. Linda

Farrah W
on 11/11/07 12:57 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Thanks for the extremely kind words, Linda. It's easy to beat ourselves up, isn't it?
sunnyshady
on 11/11/07 11:43 pm - St. Louis Park, MN
Oh my.............. I just noticed the pixs of the doxies!  I have two long hair mini's (well one's fat, most be the family habits!)  both girls, names SUNNY AND SHADY~!
BUFFY 
Lindaanne
on 11/11/07 7:48 pm - SSP, MN

Oh Farrah... Please be kind to yourself.. PLEASE try and remember where you came from, and how being some pounds away from "goal" isnt worth obsessing over. You are NOT a failure at this... look what you have lost.  Thats no failure, thats a sucsess. If before surgery someone said  "Hey youll lost the weight you have lost" wouldnt you have said Hey Ill take it!! I dunno if this makes any sense, just trying to say be nice to you.  You deserve it

Start Weight - 263
       Current Weight
  135 and making it work for ME !

Farrah W
on 11/12/07 5:35 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thank you Linda Anne for the very kind words. You do make sense. Thank you.
patski53
on 11/11/07 8:49 pm - golden valley, MN

Farrah, Please don't beat yourself up. I think the 5 days you have done is amazing. It has inspired me to try it myself. We are such all or nothing people. It's part of our "disease".........or is it "dis-ease"??? I'm just heading home from 5 days in NYC.........ate like a fool, but walked more than I could have ever walked 3 years ago. Not sure they canceled each other out......but you get the picture.  I agree with the other posts............you did not waste 5 days........don't be hard on yourself.  I, too, don't post as much as I lurk. I always value whatever you post!! Pat

Shannin
on 11/12/07 12:05 am - Eden Prairie, MN
I don't think you messed anything up. I think you did a great job and you are realizing maybe some of the things that trigger either hunger or emotional eating. That's growth right there. I know for me I just  have to stay fully away from certain foods. There are some things I can "have just one bite" and be satisfied, while there are others that I gorge on to the point of being past full (Chinese food).  You have come so far, and have done so well. You have already succeeded!
Shannin
336>162>170  Below GOAL!!

"Every now and then, somewhere, someplace, sometime, you are going to have to plant
your feet, stand firm, and make a point about who you ar and what you believe in. When that times comes you simply have to do it" ~Pat Riley
Farrah W
on 11/12/07 5:37 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thank you my friend. It's good to know that there are others that have a problem with not being able to eat just one bite of a food and being able to put it down. I guess I wish I knew of a solution to this. Do I always have to avoid sweets for the rest of my life?
nicole W.
on 11/12/07 4:10 am - Bismarck, ND
Congrats on getting through it. It seems like it was very introspective to try it , and you got through it, and like you said, it was easier. Ok, so what is the Crack recipe? It actually sounds kind of good, and also very low cal. Just like everyone told me, you made a good choice on a food that is an alternative to the high calorie fatty foods we would have eaten before. So can I get the recipe? This surgery is not done to deny us "treats" but it does teach us to pick better choices, so good job on this!
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1354 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1140 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2606 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views