Spandex or Spanx?

Diamond Girl
on 11/11/07 11:16 am - Ham Lake, MN
I just recently heard this and am curious because I haven't heard of this before. Do any of you wear spandex or Spanx (or similar product) under your clothes to keep the loose skin - ummm - I don't know what the right word is...compacted...tight...toned appearance...I hope you get the idea. Just wondering about this newly learned info. Also, if your nurse or surgeon recommended it, why is that? Is there a medical benefit to doing so? I just hate wearing extra stuff under my clothes, but maybe that is only because I feel like my clothes are more like casings half of the time. LOL you get the idea... Thanks all!
Darla S.
on 11/11/07 11:34 am - Maple Grove, MN
I've heard of them, and plan to try them sometime soon.  I remember Sabrinna saying they weren't the easiest to climb into, but once I get to where the largest size may fit me (not sure, I could already be there??), I'm going to try them.  I know a lot of women swear by them!!  And if they help minimize the lumps & bumps?  WELL worth the purchase!  I believe there are nearly identical garments called Assets, and Avenue has it's own line of similar products.  I'd love to hear commentary from anyone who has tried any and all of them!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

happy girl
on 11/11/07 2:43 pm
I wear spanx when I wear dress pants, it smooths things down.  There is no medical reason, pure vanity.  I don't want my fat and loose skin jiggling around For me it's pretty hard getting them on, but once on, it's worth it.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Lindaanne
on 11/11/07 7:43 pm - SSP, MN
I think with the right fit of either product it wouldnt feel awful and restrictive. Also in the winter it might not feel as bad.  :) I enjoy a spanks once in awhile LOL. I have in the past midway through my weightloss wore a generic type of under garmet and it made a big difference...I just couldnt get over the feeling of them on. Plus my pants were bigger wearing them and I felt like I wouldnt know if they fell off  < grin > Try a pair..what the hey! Huggles

Start Weight - 263
       Current Weight
  135 and making it work for ME !

sunnyshady
on 11/11/07 11:38 pm - St. Louis Park, MN
I have tried ASSETS  (you can get  then at Target and SPANX. pretty much the same product, I guess if I had to choose, I'd go with SPANX.  You can , or you used to be able to order them through QVC and get special multiple choose pacakages like a slimmer and 2 pairs of undies. You look ten pounds thinner once the lumps and bumps and giggles are held together!~ Like everyone says, we could probably win the $10,000 video on America's home video's watching yourself get in them, it is really quite a challenge, but if you buy them too big your defeating the purpose.
BUFFY 
Shannin
on 11/11/07 11:49 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
I use Assest, which is the Target brand of Spanx (same company but less expensive). I have only worn them under skirts. They have several different types - shorts, high waist, footless tights and full tights. I used to wear them when I was obese to keep my thighs from rubbing, however I wear them now to smooth things out as needed.
Shannin
336>162>170  Below GOAL!!

"Every now and then, somewhere, someplace, sometime, you are going to have to plant
your feet, stand firm, and make a point about who you ar and what you believe in. When that times comes you simply have to do it" ~Pat Riley
Tammy A.
on 11/12/07 2:44 am - Maple Grove, MN
I use lypo in a box and do it because I think it helps your extra skin recover better.  You don't have gravity pulling down.  A lot of people in my group use them as well or spandex from Wal-Mart works as well.  Tammy

Alayna A.
on 11/12/07 3:19 am - Oakdale, MN
I got some Spanx when I had to go to a wedding this past June. If you look in my profile, the pic of me in a pink and black top, and the pics of me in the black and blue top I got from Lori at Swapkins (the one I wore to Ladies Night Out) I am wearing my Spanx with both of those outfits. I had to have my mom tuck the back of them under my bra or they would roll right down and look awful, other than that I love them. They do really suck it in and leave you smooth instead of lumpy and with rolls.
~Alayna
Maintaining for 3-1/2yrs now!!
Pregnant and due February 9, 2012 with first child

Tracey and Greg D.
on 11/12/07 10:06 am - Hopkinton, MA
Hi Diamond Girl,
Here's my 2 cents.  I've tried Spanx and did not like them at all.  I didn't think they gave me enough control.  I bought the Lane Bryant brand (Cacique) and I like them so much.  They give great control, but don't feel too binding.  I don't wear them everyday, just under clingly fabric.  They do make all the difference for me.  They disguise my thunder thighs and keep me from harming small children as I walk by.
Tracey
Tracey's Ticker:
Darla S.
on 11/12/07 11:53 am - Maple Grove, MN
" They disguise my thunder thighs and keep me from harming small children as I walk by." Now Tracey, we must speak KINDLY of ourselves!!!  You silly monkey...  (that WAS funny, tho!) 

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views