WHOA

Lindaanne
on 11/13/07 5:39 am - SSP, MN
Just found out my Mom is having RNY next month   < mouth hanging open > I um....had no idea up until two weeks ago when she told me she was having lap band... then she asked me to come over and talk about my surgery and then WHAMO she changed her mine.. ( like I did at the last min ) to get RNY. Im in shock... I wish her well on her journey! Hugs all

Start Weight - 263
       Current Weight
  135 and making it work for ME !

Carol N.
on 11/13/07 5:55 am - Sartell, MN

Wow, that is great!! I wish you momma well on her journey as well!!!  ((((HUGS)))))

CarolN

'Live  Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

Connie D.
on 11/13/07 6:11 am

WOW....that is great. Glad she decided to follow in your footsteps. She will look and feel so much better and have tons of energy to spare!!

I wish her the best of everything with her surgery. Hugs   connie d

sweetsue617
on 11/13/07 7:02 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I guess she's had you as a good role model! Best wishes to your mom! May her journey be smooth. (((HUG))) **SUE**
Sandra N.
on 11/13/07 7:23 am - MN
WOW!!  Good for her!  Wish her well for us!  And she has you to understand and give great advice(like you do for us!)......how awesome!

~Sandie~ -147!!WLS:12-12-06:Preop 268,Ht.5'4",BMI 44.9
  Click on link to see my journey!!! 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2bfaca5561a1d558fceb
87&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you"~ The Golden Rule to Live by!
You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??
I'm not perfect but I am going to die trying!!!

Lori Pool
on 11/13/07 9:48 am - Chanhassen, MN

That's fabulous. You'll have to tell her to start posting so we can all give her encouragement.

Lori

Diamond Girl
on 11/13/07 9:49 am - Ham Lake, MN
I am guessing that between you & Granny, she has no choice but to know that it is a great opportunity for her to better her health! WTG! Will keep your mom in my thoughts - if she's not going to join OH, please be sure to keep us a little updated through her journey, 'k?! Love ya.
barbk
on 11/13/07 10:00 am - Eagan, MN

WOW!!!  But I'm not surprised that your journey and successful probably made her do a double take on the idea -- and you will be so helpful to her.  Wish her my best!!!

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

grannyeileen
on 11/13/07 12:12 pm - Eagan, MN
Oh Linda, I am so excited for your Mom.  I'm glad she decided to go the RNY and with you as her angel daughter, she will do "great".  This will be a real bonding time for the both of you.   Makes me wish even more that I had been able to have the RNY instead of the VGB.  I know, as you keep reminding me, I need to be thankful where I am at considering where I've been.  You are so good at lifting everyone's spirits.  It's truly a great honor to have you for my "best friend". In closing, want to wish your Mom the "Best of Luck" and I'll see her at the pool when it's open again and hope to hear all about it. Love to you both, Granny Eileen
Darla S.
on 11/13/07 12:31 pm - Maple Grove, MN
WOW!!  What an awesome family affair!  She certainly has an awesome example to follow, THAT'S for sure!!!  My mom, who is 82 this month, has also been a bit envious of my loss (although she has no where NEAR as much to lose!), so she started LA Weight Loss last month.  She's so anxious to lose - I'm thinkin' at 82?  Eat whatever the heck you want!  Just don't gorge, ya know?  But she's excited to have this new thing going on, weekly check-in's & what not.   I'm SURE your mom will ROCK her RNY!!!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1354 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1140 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2606 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views