Tendonitis---an FYI

Phenomenalfemale
on 11/15/07 1:20 am, edited 11/15/07 1:23 am - Eagan, MN
Here's the deal. Even if you take all your vitamins, get in all your water (and then some), eat your protein, and stretch before and after exercise, we are at risk for tendonitis post operatively. After lots of labs (all came back fine), Doppler ultrasounds in both legs to rule out blood clots (fine too), there is a reason I've been having these killer Charlie Horses in both legs! So, if you start out having leg cramps at any point, and are exercising daily as I have been with cardio....just be aware the pain can worsen, and those leg cramps may actually be minute, small tears in your tendons. Apparently, I caused this with daily exercise. So, now I am on a new workout regime alternating jogging with walking each day. All with the oversight of my MD, and I am going back in 2 weeks to be fitted for knee braces too, for added leg support during workouts. I am still allowed to weight train any day of the week on my upper torso too, which is great. I guess my legs are letting me know that after years of carrying around that weight, I can't exercise like a rockstar just quite yet But man, are my calves looking good these days! Good luck to all, and having never had this before, I am just glad to have some answers....this leg pain has been a pain in my......legs! (ha ha, my poor attempt at a joke)..... Best, Megan

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WORLDWIDE, UNTIL THEY ALL COME HOME !

jimmyv
on 11/15/07 5:44 am - Eagan, MN

Megan

Glad to hear that they found the reason for your discomfort!! Did you ever think that you would have a problem because you exercised too much??? Good luck with everything Jim

Phenomenalfemale
on 11/15/07 11:44 pm - Eagan, MN
Thanks Jim...I'm trying to look at the bright side, and see it as something that any athletically minded person could encounter, but it feels....personal. And I am not happy about it. But, I will keep on keeping on :) M

Sandra N.
on 11/15/07 7:43 am - MN
Sorry you had ouchies!  Thanks for sharing this knowledge, I will have to keep that in mind!  Keep up the wonderful job you are doing!  It's paying off!

~Sandie~ -147!!WLS:12-12-06:Preop 268,Ht.5'4",BMI 44.9
  Click on link to see my journey!!! 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2bfaca5561a1d558fceb
87&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you"~ The Golden Rule to Live by!
You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??
I'm not perfect but I am going to die trying!!!

Phenomenalfemale
on 11/15/07 11:44 pm - Eagan, MN

Thanks Sandie,

I think we've all had small bumps along the road, this was just my turn :)

You look fab, BTW!

M

Sandra N.
on 11/16/07 12:44 am - MN
Hey HON!!  Thanks!  Yes, I KNOW bumps!!!!  You take care of you!!!

~Sandie~ -147!!WLS:12-12-06:Preop 268,Ht.5'4",BMI 44.9
  Click on link to see my journey!!! 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2bfaca5561a1d558fceb
87&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you"~ The Golden Rule to Live by!
You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??
I'm not perfect but I am going to die trying!!!

Connie D.
on 11/15/07 9:17 am
Thanks for the information...this is good to know. connie d
Phenomenalfemale
on 11/15/07 11:45 pm - Eagan, MN
Connie: They say knowledge is power....so I am going to do my best to become empowered...but this is a tough pill for me to swallow :) Best, M

PamelaK
on 11/15/07 9:49 am - Osceola, WI
I'm soooo glad they have found your issue.  Good to know that this can happen.  Hopefully with the change in your routine you will start to feel better quickly.
Hugs And Kisses Pam   

Phenomenalfemale
on 11/15/07 11:47 pm - Eagan, MN
Pam: Thanks so much for the support, I am appreciative.... It is getting better....slowly but surely. I am just not handling it well in my noggin :) It feels a little bit like a small defeat....but I'm working daily to keep a positive perspective.  Best, Megan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1354 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1140 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2606 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views