Checking in

Darla S.
on 3/21/12 1:43 am - Maple Grove, MN
This place has been so quiet lately - no thanks to me...  Just thought I'd check in with a few thoughts.

My daughter and I are leaving for a week long vacation in ***** Cana this Saturday with a dear friend - I've been looking forward to this ever since I went there with friends last winter!  It was the B.E.S.T. week of my life, with the best travel companions EVER!  I'm looking forward to sharing that with my daughter, but she's 19 and still a bit of a drama queen.  I love her more than words can express, and for the most part we get along great, but I have to admit - I'm a little nervous that she's not mature enough to leave the drama at home for the whole week.  Just go with the flow.

I'm also a little nervous because I've been looking forward to checking something off my bucket list while we're there -  riding a horse on a tropical beach!  I've checked out the ranch and all, but my daughter has a serious weight problem, and isn't sure she'll be able to get herself up in a saddle if they don't use mounting blocks.  I know I can - after decades of being obese, I have gone riding a few times in the last few years.  I checked with them a few weeks ago, and she is well under their weight limit for their horses.  But if they reply to my email that they do NOT use mounting blocks, I'm pretty sure she won't want to go.  I HOPE she won't have a hissy fit if I go without her, because seriously?  I NEED to!  It's been a life-long dream of mine!  That, swimming with dolphins (did that in '05), and riding in a hot air balloon (still on the list). 

What a drag being obese is/was/can be.  I'm so thankful for this surgery, and that I've been able to maintain my loss.  I would still love to shave another 20 or so off, but I'm happy.

What's on YOUR bucket list?  (Doesn't have to be weight related)

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

DragonGirl
on 3/22/12 1:27 am - MN
Hi Darla!

I am so green with jealousy! I hope you both have an amazing time!
I have so many bucket list things I want to do....

* Go somewhere on a tropical vacation...
* Scuba dive or snorkel in a tropical blue lagoon...
* I want to do the Warrior Dash this summer...I have a bad knee...but I'm going to the doc to see if he can shoot some cortisone in there...

The list is long...those were a few...

Have an awesome time!!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
rjsams
on 3/25/12 3:49 am - Eagan, MN
Aren't bucket lists great?  I have a lot on my list, too.  Everyone's list sounds awesome.

*  I want to go to Ireland.  Stopping off in London and Paris on the way wouldn't be too bad either.

*  I want to run a half-marathon in DisneyWorld.  That's actually on the horizon--I've paid the entry fee for November!

*  I would love to go on an African safari.

*  I want to do a road trip with my travel trailer up to Alaska and spend time travelling around. 

*  I'd like to do a Triathlon this summer.   Need to find the right one on the right date yet...

Heidi, you should take the first step on your Warrior Dash goal, and walk/run the Challenge Obesity 5K with us on April 21st.  We have a team, the Formerly Fat Friends.  If you go to sign up, our password is "coffee."  We have people planning to walk, or run, or both.  We'll have fun!

ajordan
on 3/25/12 2:22 am - Albertville, MN
Wow, that sounds like fun!  I hope you are able to do everything on your list!

Amelia

245 10 day LD / 237.5 SW / 184 CW / 167 GW

PMarie
on 3/25/12 11:44 pm - Bloomington, MN
 My bucket list, in no particular order

1.  Paris
2.  Caribbean vacation- Aruba?
3.  Hot air balloon ride
4.  Alaska
5.  Singing with the 'big band'
6.  Highlands of Scotland and outer islands
7.  learn calligraphy

Mary M.
on 3/26/12 1:05 am - Minneapolis, MN

Dear Darla - by now you are in the sun and having a wonderful time, I'm sure.  I've been down to that part of Mexico many times and love it there.  I know once you are with you sweet daughter, it will be good - never perfect - but good.  Getting her out of her element will help with the drama.  I often think of the heartaches and worry I caused my dear Momma.   Bless her heart - she celebrated her birthday in heaven last week!

I hope you come back and tell all about the ride on the beach - sounds fabulous!  I have 40-60 pounds more to lose, but with a hundred still off, I'm enjoying life so much more these days. 

Bucket list?  I've never had one.  i do love to travel and haven't done a whole lot lately, so I do want to do more of that.  A tropical beach sounds very appealing.  Hope you are having a great time!  Bring home some heat - we're chilly here today.

Mary

Mary

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you CAN do."  John Wooden

I'm down 120 pounds - thanks to RNY!  Working on the next 25.  Then I'll tackle more...
debim3
on 3/28/12 6:58 am - Roberts, WI
You will need to let us know how your vacation went!!!  Lots and lots of details...

I want to ride in a hot air balloon too...we should do that together - meet somewhere midway and do it!

I want to go to Ireland and Israel.
I want to get my college degree (one more semester to go for that one!)

Debi
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1353 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1139 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2604 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views