Breakfast ideas

Darla S.
on 5/30/12 1:29 am - Maple Grove, MN
I would love it if people would share some of the things they eat for breakfast.  I'm definitely in a rut, I need fresh ideas!

Mon-Fri, I almost always have greek yogurt at my desk.  Today I flavored plain 0% fat Oikos with Crystal Light Pomtini, added blackberries and sunflower seeds - YUM-DIDDY!   I also love Chobani's passion fruit yogurt, wish like heck I could find passionfruit somewhere around here to buy fresh...

Weekends, it's pretty much eggs.  Over easy, scrambled with cheese and bacon bits or ham, and salsa.  I like it, but would love more variety!  I can't do most cereals, they give me painful gas.  (Painful first for me, then for everyone around me...   )

What are your breakfast go-to's??

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

redsnapper1975
on 5/30/12 10:09 am
Protein smoothies: strawberry spinach or choc-PB2-banana
Southwest eggbeaters with cheese, onion and peppers
crustless quiche made in muffin tins- lots of varieties- freeze/reheat well too
plain greek yogurt with a packet of splenda and frozen berries

new find- jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles- in a resealable bag, ready to add to eggs, etc.

I could use more ideas too- for all meals- chime in, people!  THanks!

~ Kim

tinkerbell025
on 5/30/12 10:16 pm - Fargo, ND

For the past 4 years I have ate the same things for breakfast, boring maybe but it works.

Eggs, any style but always with salsa and sometimes sour cream.
Cottage cheese and a side of turkey pepperoni crisps.
Mock french toast with some sort of meat.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up
Kelly/tink

Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Darla S.
on 5/30/12 11:57 pm - Maple Grove, MN

Mock french toast??  Please describe!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

tinkerbell025
on 5/31/12 12:42 am, edited 5/31/12 12:43 am - Fargo, ND
It is breadless but looks,smells and tastes like french toast. here is the recipe

Mock French toast           
Ingredients:  
1 egg
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese- (I use cottage cheese that I have creamed in my mini chopper- ricotta goes bad to quick, tired of wasting money)
1-teaspoon vanilla extract       
1-dash of cinnamon
1-dash of nutmeg
1 packet of Splenda

Cooking Instructions:   Mix ingredients in a bowl. Whisk ingredients until well blended. Pour into a heated greased skillet or "flip flop  Pancake maker" (note: be sure to cook well until egg/cheese mixture is set before you attempt to flip). Flip and cook other side.   Serving Suggestions: Serve with butter and/or calorie free syrup. * I let it get real brown so it really looks like french toast :)
ENJOY!
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
onlyoneboy
on 5/31/12 5:30 am - St. Paul Park, MN

breakfast sandwiches with half the biscuit or croissant removed

speechied
on 6/1/12 11:00 am
I eat greek yogurt weekdays too. I sprinkle Trader Joe's Gluten Free Granola on it. There are two kinds: Loaded Fruit and Nut, and Cranberry Maple Nut. I like them both!
I also have made the breakfast muffins. I used a carton of egg beaters and whatever ingredients I had in the house. I made some with diced ham, and some with chorizo sausage and fresh veggies and cheese. They froze well and tasted great. One muffin held me well until lunch! 
On the weekends sometime I get a McDonalds sausage burrito for breakfast. It's great with one packet of picante. One burrito is 300 calories and 12g protien.
I welcome new ideas as well. =)
rjsams
on 6/4/12 12:59 am - Eagan, MN
I'm pretty boring with breakfast, too.  I tend to eat more carbs than most WLS patients, but I am usually having breakfast after my run, so I need to reload carbs.  Most days it is either Kashi Go Lean cereal with soy milk and half a banana sliced on top, or a bagel with peanut butter on it.

I like eggs/omelets etc. but I don't spend time making them on weekdays.   I probably should to get more protein.  Thanks for the ideas!

Brenda S.
on 6/5/12 11:36 pm - Champlin, MN

I have some homemade vanilla custard almost every weekday morning.  It's got the protein so it's filling and one batch lasts a week (6 1/2 cup servings).   Once in awhile I will add a little granola to it for some crunch.

Never make somebody a priority when they only consider you an option.

Paul H.
on 6/10/12 5:03 pm - Eagan, MN
 One of my favorites is a portion of grits cooked in the microwave. After the grits are halfway done, Iput in two portions of eggwhites and one egg yoke for flavor. Giving enpough time to finish cooking the grits and cooking,  but not over cooking the egg portion. I sometimes add cheese or a dash of butter. It is a breakfast that carries me all the way through the morning.
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1365 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2607 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2693 views