Dog days of Summer Weigh-in--how's everybody?

rjsams
on 8/27/12 7:36 am - Eagan, MN
Good Monday morning, all!  Time to step on the scale and own up to your triumphs (or mistakes)!

Weighing in after running 13.1 miles is an effective strategy, but not one that I think I could repeat each week, LOL. 

Starting weight:  298.4
Last week: 140.1
This week: 137.0
Loss of 3.1 lbs this week

I finished the half-marathon in 2:22:24, which is not breaking any land-speed records, but on that challenging course, I am very happy with the time.  We stayed pretty much on the pace that we planned/expected.   I was feeling pretty good until about Mile 11, when I started to flag a bit.  It becomes more mental than physical at that point--we pushed on and got 'er done.  I'm feeling pretty good today-- I can feel my quads going down stairs, and oddly, my biceps.  But I could go out and run again today if I needed to.  Thankfully, I don't. 

Hope you all had a good week!  Will anybody be at coffee on Saturday?

Paul H.
on 8/30/12 9:55 pm - Eagan, MN
 Apparently you have to keep moving to keep the weight in check. I am glad I was far away from the State Fair doing work that kept me moving all day.

Weight is in check, but still hard to get rid of after weight regain. Still down 140 from high, so I will fight it at this weight until I am ready for the big effort to get back on track by taking care of myself.
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1338 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1129 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2595 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views