BCBS approval question

cindynels
on 9/23/12 7:07 am - MN
 I have my last NUT visit at Fairview Southdale On October 4th, ad then my paperwork will be submitted to insurance.  I have BCBS of MN.  Does anybody know how long they take to let you know if you're approved?
Michelle R.
on 9/23/12 3:13 pm - Gaylord, MN
Hi Cindy... I also had BCBS, however, it was 5 1/2 years ago so I'm sure things have changed since then plus I'm sure it's different for everyone but my experience was this... I thought I had completed everything and had it all turned in by November 4 but it seemed to be taking FOREVER to hear back from them so I called to find out what the hold up was and they said "Oh, didn't someone call you?"... ???? ... They wanted me to jump through yet ANOTHER hoop in order to get approved... They wanted me to go on a 3-month physician supervised diet before they would consider me... My surgeon called BCBS on December 27 basically telling them that was RIDICULOUS, BCBS then called me on January 12 to say I was approved and on January 29 I had my surgery...Good luck to you and if it seems to be taking too long, just call them and bug them every couple of days until you get an answer... Michelle 
ShootersGal24
on 9/24/12 9:08 am - South St. Paul, MN
I have BCBS and my surgery was 3/16/10 - I did all the necessary requirements (for mine - it was 6 months worth) and once they submitted, it only took a few days.  I received the call back from my clinic that we had all the approval and that it would be good for a year, and if I wanted to schedule now or wait!  I said, um, NOW.  LOL 
They are all different, and as long as you followed all the guidelines for your insurance, you should have approval relatively quickly. 
Best of luck and hope you get news soon!

Kelly

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Fm5C4/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2Fm5C4/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1364 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2607 views
10+ years out -