Pre-holiday resolution time weigh-in!

rjsams
on 11/5/12 12:44 am - Eagan, MN

The holidays are fast approaching--these are tough times for those of us who have been accustomed to holidays revolving around food.   I still have trouble with walking away from the table, particularly the dessert table.  Not doing myself any favors this year either, by taking a Disney vacation a week before Thanksgiving.  So my holiday resolution is this:  to savor the flavors and enjoy the company and atmosphere without overindulging.  I want to taste, talk and enjoy, not binge, bloat and suffer.  How about you?

Starting weight: 298.4
Last week: 134.8

This week: 138.8

Gain of 4.0 lbs

The gain is not unexpected:  I knew last weeks' loss was due to the stomach flu, not any real loss.  Still, it was nice while it lasted.  I actually expect to gain weight this week, since I am carb-loading for Saturday's half-marathon race.  Hopefully I will run it all off, tho.  Disney World, here we come!!

jmcqueary
on 11/5/12 2:30 am

I have been stuck at 396 to 400 for the last month...kinda worried but just need to get back into the gym and separate my water with meals better I think~ I hope the holiday are going to be easy on me this is my first one since my RNY

Sarah R.
on 11/6/12 2:23 am

Starting weight: 362

last week 226

this week 230...water weight

Paul H.
on 11/6/12 1:15 pm - Eagan, MN

JM, there are several thinks that are a must for those that want to be successful. 1. is protein first. Protein makes you feel full longer and repairs muscle tissue. 2. no liquids near the meal. liquids near the meal wash away the fullness and you will want to eat sooner. 3. Exercise is important because you will lose muscle mass along with the fat. You will need muscle to burn calories and to maintain some semblance of strength.

My rule was to drink a liter of liquids between meals. That way I knew I was hydrated and it also kept me from sneaking in extra food before it's time.

55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

DragonGirl
on 11/7/12 5:59 am - MN

What a good idea RJ! I too want to maintain and even lose a little bit more through the Holidays...I have a dress to fit into comfortably for NYE, although I think I'm in my good spot where I am.

Sugar cravings in the evenings remain a challenge...blech! I'm trying to combat that by eating dinner a little later in the evenings...and I have to admit this is working better for me.

Starting weight: 280
Last week: 157.2

This week: 157.8

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views