How're those resolutions holding up? weigh-in

rjsams
on 1/14/13 12:14 am - Eagan, MN

Good Monday morning all!  Hope everyone is staying warm and staying focused on your 2013 resolutions. 

I've fought thru a couple of tough weeks, trying to get myself back into a training program, but it's working.  Just finished week two of my half-marathon program with a 6+ mile run yesterday.  Had to do it on the treadmill, which was no fun, but I pushed through and got it done. 

Weight holding pretty steady--was 142 last week, 141 this morning.  I would like to be below 140, so I am working toward that goal, but if I continue to bounce between 138 and 142 I can live with that. 

How is everyone doing with those New Year's Resolutions?  So easy to make, so hard to keep.  It's been two weeks, and the shine of determination begins to fade.  What do you do to stay focused on your goals?  Rewards?  Break days? 

One way that I use to stay focused is to sign up for a race--if I have paid my money I am going to run it, so I want to be fit enough to do it without dying!!  I signed up for the 100% Irish for a Day 10-mile run on March 9th, so that's my focus right now.  My goal race is the Fargo Half Marathon in May--i have hopes of beating my best time there. 

For anyone who has ever considered walking or running in a race, please join us for the Charities Challenge Challenge Obesity 5K on April 20th.  This is a really nice 5K event which emphasizes the benefits of exercise in battling obesity and will honor those of us who have lost more than 100 lbs.  You don't have to run, we will definitely have people in our group walking, running or anything in between.  Our team is called "Formerly Fat Friends" and the password to join our team is "coffee."  Please join us!! 

http://charitieschallenge.org/html/challenge_obesity_5k.html

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1351 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1139 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2604 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views