Scope tomorrow

KKmomma
on 4/11/13 1:59 am - Mora, MN

Hello,

It's been quite a few years since I've even been to this site.  I am going to be having a scope tomorrow to check for stomach ulcers.  My regular hospital is doing it.  I told them that I would prefer a my surgeon to do it, but he is no longer in the state.  Should I be worried that a general surgeon is doing this scope?  I know that they are educated, but I am still worried.  Also, what have you had for treatment for ulcers?

starting weight------265
surgery day----------225                                                                         Jodi 
Diamond Girl
on 4/14/13 10:59 pm - Ham Lake, MN

Jodi - how did your scope go?

KKmomma
on 4/17/13 6:09 am - Mora, MN

It was kind of a waste of time.  They couldn't go  down far enough to see anything :(  It sounds like the gi specilaist that I saw yesterday wants to do another one that can go down into my intestines too.  Hopefully I can find something ou then!!  :)

starting weight------265
surgery day----------225                                                                         Jodi 
just jacie
on 4/22/13 6:34 pm - Minneapolis, MN

Hi there!

Well you already know how the scope goes but I thought I'd chime in about ulcers. I have had a bleeding ulcer (two actually) for the last six months. I originally had to have surgery but mine was an extreme case. Other than that the treatment is pretty much taking medication such as Prilosec and avoiding certain foods like things that are spicy, caffeine and various other things as advised by your doctor. Good luck with your second scope.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1338 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1129 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2595 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views