Tummy Trouble

berilynn44
on 6/20/13 1:36 pm - MN

I had RNYGB 41/2 yrs ago. In the last 6 months I have gained 25 pounds and have had major issues with reflux and pain.  I finally called the dr and went in today. I have an upper gi in the morning.  I just hope that I sleep tonight after all the meds the dr put me on.  I haven't had a good nights sleep in 2 weeks because I wake up in pain.  Anyone ever have these issues?

rjsams
on 6/24/13 1:14 am - Eagan, MN

I have not had issues like you describe and it's been a couple of days, so I hope they have found a resolution for you.  Hang in there.

daniel G.
on 7/21/13 8:18 am - MN
Have things worked out for you? How was the upper gi? I was in er this weekend overnight for severe cramping. I am arranging for an upper scope, as the CT scan showed significant food in my pouch--suspect stricture at lower stoma.

rjsams
on 7/22/13 5:43 am - Eagan, MN

Oh no, Dan, that's not good.  Let us know how it goes.

berilynn44
on 7/27/13 7:58 am - MN

Thanks for the replies.  I found out that I have a small hiatal hernia motlity issues and a small telescoping of my small intestine.  I also went to see my gp and a gastro.  the gastro seems to think that my pain is caused by scar tissue tearing.  so I am on muscle relaxers.  I am going to see another bariatric surgeon for a second opinon. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1368 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2609 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2693 views