Any Active Support Groups?

DrewMN
on 1/19/14 1:50 am

I am wondering if any of you are a member of, or know of any, actively meeting support groups in the Twin Cities area...
I am 5 weeks post surgery (VSG) and would be very interested in meeting with others that have met or are facing the same challenges (not necessarily the same procedures).

The only one I know of that meets regularly is on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis)...Which unfortunately is the only night I can't schedule.

Thanks for your input...

catasteams
on 1/22/14 12:47 am - Big Lake, MN

U of MN Fairview has a meeting on the first Wed of month at Riverside Campus.  Also, first and third Mondays there is a meeting in Elk River.  Best Wishes on your journey.

DrewMN
on 1/23/14 9:39 am

Thanks for the info

mnmommaof2
on 2/1/14 11:48 pm
VSG on 11/23/12

Active group here!  Our official name is South of the River... Our group has a great mix of people in all stages with all surgeries, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to come join us!

We meet every Saturday at 8:30 am.  Locations alternate between Panera bread in Burnsville (by the mall), and the Caribou inside Byerlys off of yankee doodle in Eagan.  This upcoming Saturday 2/8/14 we will be at Panera.  We sit just as you come in to the right behind the long half wall.

We also have a facebook group!  It's secret so nothing will ever show up on your page...  Friend me( Jen Davidson Halverson ) and I'll add you to the page.  

Hope to talk to you soon!

~Jen

Highest weight 279.8

Surgery weight 268 

rjsams
on 2/10/14 12:08 am - Eagan, MN

I second what Jen said!  Everyone is welcome at our South of the River group!  We have a great group of people!  This coming Saturday, Feb 15th, we will be at the Caribou inside Byerlys at 8:30am. 

Qajohn
on 2/10/14 5:02 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I just had my surgery at HCMC, and am not excited about driving from Woodbury to downtown MN for a support group. I'd like to start coming to your group on Feb 22 (I'll be out of town this Saturday). My question is; how long do the meetings normally last? I have been walking at the MOA for excersize on Saturday and Sunday mornings before it opens, and would like to keep doing that. 

Thanks,

John 

mnmommaof2
on 2/12/14 11:28 am
VSG on 11/23/12

Meetings vary!  We're a really casual group and coffee lasts sometimes an hour if people are on a tight schedule, other days it turns into lunch.  

I added you to the group... glad to have you aboard!

~Jen

Highest weight 279.8

Surgery weight 268 

Qajohn
on 2/12/14 11:22 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Jen,

i just sent you a FBfreind request so you can add me to your group. I'd like to find a support group I can attend locally. 

Thanks

john

AmyCorean
on 2/27/14 7:10 am - Northfield, MN

Hi Jen

i used to go to this group all the time pre-surgery and for awhile post-surgery. I am finding myself needing the support like before. The MN board here was very active. I would love to come back to coffee again. I will look for you on FB

Amy

Amy

Highest.....301   Surgery.....289    Lowest.....158   Regain.....203   Goal.....163    Current.....203

DianneMN
on 3/4/14 2:41 pm, edited 3/4/14 2:41 pm
VSG on 02/24/14

Hi,

I attend the ANW Tuesday monthly group but I'd like to find another group. I live in Edina, so South of the River is not that far lol I had my VS last week, 2/24.

I'm interested in attending one of your gatherings.

Dianne

HW 310 prior to WLS decision; 301 11/2013; Pre Op 274 on 2/24/2014; CW 233

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views