I NEED SUPPORT!!

rinestonerocker
on 10/19/08 12:07 pm - Kansas City , MO
HI EVERYONE, I LIVE IN KANSAS CITY, MO AND I CAN NOT FIND A SUPPORT GROUP HERE. I NEED ONE I'M IN THEREPY BUT I NEED MORE MY FAMILY (MOM, SISTER, BROTHER) DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH MY MOM KEEPS COMPARING THIS TO HER BACK SURGERY! I AM SEVERELY DEPRESSED ALMOST EVERYDAY THE PAINS I'D  BEEN HAVING AND STILL AM SEEM TO COME FROM DEPRESSION SO SAYS MY SURGEON. I WENT FRIDAY FOR A SCOPE AND HE WROTE ME A SCRIPT FOR PROZAC AND TOLD MY MOM I WAS FINE JUST DEPRESSED. I HAVE NO FRIENDS AT ALL NOT ONE NO BOYFRIEND HUBBY, NO ONE, I ONLY TALK TO MY MOM SIS AND BRO. I SPEND ALL DAY EVERYDAY STUCK IN MY HOUSE. IM SUPPOSED TO START A NEW JOB WED BUT I DONT KNOW HOW IM GOING TO GO TO WORK FEELING LIKE THIS EVERYDAY.

STARTING 296/CURRENT 259/GOAL 160
MOSugar
on 10/19/08 12:20 pm - Clever, MO

Ok, you dear sweet thing. Im so sorry you are having this bout with depression and I was wondering if you had it before surgery too or is this simply a case of regret? It would be very difficult if facing this all alone and with no one to back you and comfort you. SO!!! KNOW THIS here and now! YOU are officially supported. This is the best group of ladies and (gentlemen) in the world and we are here for you. Just get on here and talk and cry and spew if that is what you need to do.

But first off I need a name! Rhinestonerocker wont do for me! LOL! Let me introduce myself, My name is Sugar. Please feel free to vent and let us know what is hurting so we can help! OK?

Keep your chin up and know that we are here for you!

GOD is my ROCK!   SUGAR

rinestonerocker
on 10/19/08 1:36 pm - Kansas City , MO
THANKS SUGAR, MY NAME IS TIFFANY. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH DEPRESSION AT AGE 5, I WATCHED MY FATHER DIE OF MESOTHELIOMA WHEN I WAS 3. I HAVE BEEN ON/OFF PHSYC DRUGS SINCE I WAS 9. I WAS DIAGNOSED BIPOLAR, SLIGHT OCD AND SCIHTZO BY AGE 14. IM 28 NOW. I GO UP AND DOWN I HAVE LEARNED TO RECOGNIZE MANIC PHASES AND THAT HELPS KEEP ME OUT OF TROUBLE MOST OF THE TIME, BUT ITS HARD. I HAD ECT (ELECTRO SHOCK THEREPY ) IN 2005 THAT HAS HELPED A LITTLE ALSO I HAVENT FELT THIS BAD SINCE BEFORE THEN. THEY SHOULD INVENT A BRAIN SURGERY TO ACCOMPANY WLS SINCE IT JACKS YOUR MIND UP SO BAD. HOPEFULLY THE PROZAC MY DOC PUT ME ON WILL KICK IN SOON AND HELP.

CassieL
on 10/19/08 8:45 pm - MO
Hey Girl! I too have depression. I have had it for most of my life. I am 28 like you too. I think we have a lot in common. Oh, and by the way I live in KC too! I would love to help you out any way that I can.  Dr. Price was my surgeon. I know that he has a support group. It is free to go to.  So, what do you say, You want to be buddies? I know I can always use a new friend!!

Cassie L.

rinestonerocker
on 10/20/08 3:43 am - Kansas City , MO

HEY! TO YOU ALSO. THAT WOULD BE NICE. THIS BOUT HAS REALLY GOT ME DOWN I DONT WANT TO TALK TO MY FAMILY BECAUSE I FEEL THAT I AM BRINGING THEM DOWN ALSO. WHERE IS THE GROUP HELD AND WHEN? I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN. I'M SUPPOSED TO START A NEW JOB ON WED BUT I'M NOT SURE IF I AM READY TO GO TO WORK YET. PART OF MY PROBLEM IS THAT I'M BROKE AND UNEMPLOYED, I GOT LAID-OFF IN FEB WITH NO UNEMPLOYMENT AND HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO GET A FEW 3 OR 4 DAY TEMP ASSIGNMENTS SINCE THEN. THIS JOB WILL BE PERMENANT THOUGH. I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

CassieL
on 10/20/08 8:26 pm - MO
I am not sure when the next one is. I will give them a call today and find out for you. His number is 932-5378, just in case I forget to call! I am very forgetful! They are held by St. Lukes on the plaza. It is in another building but I can't remember what the building is called. So, what part of KC do you live in? I live real close to Worlds of Fun. You know tha****er tower with all of the color on it? I live down that street. I have also lived in Independence and Missouri City (by Excelsior Springs). 

I know you say you don't think you are ready for your new job, but maybe that is exactly what you need right now. I know that when I am depressed staying home all day or in bed just makes it worse. Maybe getting out and starting something new will get your mind off of life for a while. I know it is easier said than done though. Maybe your meds need to be readjusted as well. I don't know. I really want to help you out. It can really stink not having someone to talk to. If it was not for my Mom and husband, I would be a huge mess. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, even if it is just to lend a shoulder! You are not alone.

Cassie L.

rinestonerocker
on 10/21/08 12:16 am - Kansas City , MO
THANKS FOR THE NUMBER I WILL CALL ASAP!! I LIVE IN MIDTOWN KC OFF OF 71 HIGHWAY, ABOUT 5 MINUTES EAST OF THE PLAZA. I THINK I WILL GO AHEAD AND START THE JOB TOMORROW, MY FINANCES IF NOTHING ELSE WILL MOTIVATE ME TO GO TO WORK :) I DONT REALLY HAVE A CHOICE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME OUT TO HELP ME. I SWEAR IF I HAVE TO HEAR MY MOM COMPARE THIS TO HER BACK SURGERY ONE MORE TIME IM GOING TO SCREAM!

CassieL
on 10/21/08 2:17 am - MO
I am glad to hear that you will start your new job! Just think of it as a new beginning. Where will you be working at? I work at Children's Mercy. I am a security officer there. I just love being around all of the kiddos.

Maybe your Mom is trying to connect with you when she compares the surgeries. I don't know, just a thought. My Mom was so happy for me to have this done. She knew that it would make me healthy. It about broke my heart when I had so many complications because it scared my family so badly. I think it made us all a little closer now.

Cassie L.

rinestonerocker
on 10/21/08 9:09 am - Kansas City , MO
I'LL BE DOING CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD, MEDICARE ENROLLMENTS. THE COMPANY IS LOCATED IN LENEXA, KS. I KNOW THAT MY MOM IS ONLY TRYING TO SHOW ME THAT I'M NOT "THE ONLY ONE" WITH PROBLEMS . SHE WAS AND STILL IS VERY SUPPORTIVE OF ME HAVING WLS. SHE IS ALWAYS THERE WHEN I NEED HER SHE IS MY BFF. MY GRANDMAOTHER LIVES IN LOUISIANA AND HAS CANCER, MY MOM WAS SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN THERE FOR AWHILE TO STAY WITH HER BUT SHE PUT IT OFF FOR ME, I  FEEL BAD ABOUT IT,  ALTHOUGH YOU WOULDNT KNOW MY GRANDMA WAS SICK UNLESS SOMEONE TOLD YOU. SHES BEEN PHASE 4 FOR 3 YEARS THEY TOOK HER OFF OF MEDS AND CHEMO LAST WEEK. SHE IS STILL VERY ACTIVE AND HEALTHY SHE GOES OUT EVERYDAY TO CHURCH AND SOCIAL EVENTS.

mecoswan
on 10/19/08 1:26 pm - Concordia, MO

closer to where I live but no one has answered.  I feel that maybe if you do go to work this may help with your depression and you will get your mind off some of the things that you have so much time to think about.  Wishing you good luck, and do use this forum to vent.  Colette

Most Active
Recent Topics