LEGINA - NOT GOOD

deann
on 9/13/07 1:24 pm - Brandon, MS
For those of you who know of LeGina (dixiedollface) - A very large woman who has been bed bound due to morbid obesity and an extremely large pannus (tummy skin), who was able to lose some weight on her own, and just had surgery to remove the pannus, and has had many complications in the hospital.  Been on life support. LeGina's father called me tonight and told me the doctor's talked with them today and they do not think LeGina is going to make it - her kidneys and liver were shut down, and when her heart shuts down they are going to take her off the life support.  I do not know what to say - That was a hard phone call for him to make, but again they are so appreciative of the support she has gotten from us.  Please continue to pray for her and for her family. Sorry I have not updated more - She was doing better last week, they weaned her off the vent, but her oxygen level was low, blood pressure was dropping, so they had to put her back on, and also found infection in her blood.  Just so much for her body to take. Thanks - DeAnna
Miss Liss
on 9/13/07 11:14 pm
Man, I hate to hear that.  I guess there is nothing they can do for her liver and kidneys.  I guess the infection in her blood along with everything else was just too much for her poor body to take.  That is so very sad.  Obesity is a disease, and it kills everyday.  And those who don't believe it should be ashamed.  I was so hoping things would turn around for her, and she would make it.  She was trying so hard and fighting hard to change her health.  God bless her. Let her family know how saddened we are at the news and that we are thinking of them. Melissa
Dianna_Lynn
on 9/14/07 1:15 am - Metairie, LA
I'm stunned. I can't believe how unfair life is for some people. I have really been wishing and praying that LeGina would come out of this surgery feeling like a new woman, and with hope. I'm praying for a miracle for her. She deserves nothing less. I'm so sad.

Dianna

LeticiaVailes
on 9/14/07 2:26 pm - Humboldt, TN
 Hey... Thanks so much for the update. Will you PLEASE  post this on the MainBoard?.... The power of Prayer is strong..... I have had many conversations with Legina and sent text messages to her daughter.... This just breaks my heart...... and would you PLEASE PM me if you have anymore news? I am praying for her and her family. Leticia

Work like you don't need the money......
Leticia

snapper
on 9/14/07 2:30 pm - southaven, MS
Ill keep LeGina and her family in my prayers.
Miss Liss
on 9/14/07 11:17 pm

Hey, I noticed you are from Southaven.  I now know where that is.  I am an accountant at the corporate offices of Hood Distribution, and we have a branch in Memphis.  I am going to Memphis to do an inventory audit at the end of this month, and they have me staying in Southaven because it is easy to get to the branch from there.  I hear it is a nice town with some good places to eat and has a new mall if I have time to get some shopping in which is doubtful.  I will probably only see the inside of our branch.  LOL.

Well, hope you have a nice weekend.

Pamela_K
on 9/15/07 8:31 am - Vicksburg, MS
DeAnna, I'm so very sorry to hear this.  But I'll keep praying that things will turn around.  LeGina was very brave to go through this surgery. Pam
jade J.
on 9/16/07 2:36 pm - NJ

I am so sotry to hear this, I am playing for her, Love, Jade

Jade

Most Active