Hi from Ocean Springs

Rhie P.
on 1/4/11 5:12 am
hi everyone.  I'm Rhietta from Ocean Springs - I am 3 weeks post op from RNY.  Had my procedure done here at Kessler MTF.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Rhie

venusblue
on 1/16/11 6:18 pm
Hi from Gulfport! Grats on having it done! Hope to join you soon!
Kay A.
on 1/26/11 12:38 pm
I had the Vertical Sleeve done at Keesler AFB 1/19. I am doing very well so far I think.  I had hoped Keesler would get a support group together. ??? I too am in the O.S. area. Keep in touch. Kay
Gretchen B.
on 3/10/11 12:15 pm - Gulfport, MS
Hi I am from Gulfport. Going to see Dr Layton at Keesler 24 march to get scheduled for sleeve surgery for mid April.

REALLY glad to find you all! Need to hear anything you havetoshareabout the 3 week pre op diet!,

I am a doer....so where ever 2 or more are gathered....there a support group is formed.....so why can't we form one of our own? I will talk to Sabreana tomorrow and ask her if we can start one and possibly meet at the hospital. What time or day is good for everyone? I can do any eve except Thursday's I work at the VA and get off work at 4. We could meet at 5:30?

Again...glad you are all here. Face to face support and meeting and getting to know each other and having phone numbers for support will be great!

Gretchen
Kay A.
on 5/2/11 1:20 pm
Hi Gretchen,
Have you had your surgery yet? I think Dr Layton  & Sabrenia are super folks. They have been encouraging & supportive.  The 3 wks pre op I did a protein shake for Breakfast & Lunch & had a reasonable meal for Supper.  I lost the most weight of course the first 4 weeks after surgery.  I also felt the best during this time.
I know you will do great. 
Rhie P.
on 3/10/11 10:02 pm
I work on base, so anyday/time is good for me.  I loved Dr. Layton.  He is great and has fantastic bedside manor as well.....very professional and very available everytime I had a question or a concern....Sabreana also.

The 3 week diet is not TOOO bad....mine started the week of Thanksgiving, so Dr. Layton gave me a "free" pass so to speak for that week......for me....rather than doing the protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and then real food for dinner......I did the shakes and breakfast and dinner and then had real food for lunch....it was a struggle, but after surgery.....the struggle is gone because for the first week....you can only drink liquids (believe me....you are NOT going to want food AT ALL)....and once you progess to real food.....you can only take a few bites and then you feel stuffed!!

Rhie

Patt66
on 6/9/11 10:23 am - MS
I just came across this site today. I am from Ocean Springs MS. I had my surgery on May 2nd on Keesler AFB. Dr. Layton was fantastic and would love to know if there is a support group. Or just to get with othersthat had the sugery.
2behealthy
on 6/20/11 11:14 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Hi I am from Hattiesburg Ms but had my surgery done by Dr Avara at South MS Weight Loss. They do support groups in Ocean springs and I think in Gulfport and also here in Hattiesburg once a month. I don't think I could have made it with out it. My friend who did this too used Oschner's in new Orleans but went to our support group before and now afterwards even though someone else did her surgery. Dr Avara is in Ocean Springs. Look him up or google and call the office and they will tell you when and where they meet down there. Hope this helps.

HW 356  SW 334 CW 236 GW 170    
2behealthy
on 6/20/11 11:15 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Hi I am from Hattiesburg Ms but had my surgery done by Dr Avara at South MS Weight Loss. They do support groups in Ocean springs and I think in Gulfport and also here in Hattiesburg once a month. I don't think I could have made it with out it. My friend who did this too used Oschner's in new Orleans but went to our support group before and now afterwards even though someone else did her surgery. Dr Avara is in Ocean Springs. Look him up or google and call the office and they will tell you when and where they meet down there. Hope this helps.

HW 356  SW 334 CW 236 GW 170    
Shelly7898
on 6/20/11 12:19 pm - Long Beach , MS
Hi, I am Shelly from Long Beach. I am scheduled to have a Lapband in August and I am very interested in finding a local support group.
Most Active