LOOKING FOR FRIENDS AND LOCAL SUPPORT GROUP

Shelly7898
on 6/20/11 12:46 pm - Long Beach , MS
Hi everyone! I am scheduled to have a lapband surgery in August and I am scared. I havent been through much where I would be put to sleep so that is my main fear right now. I also fear cravings and giving in to them. I am excited to finally be doing this even though I am scared, if that makes any sense. I am looking for friends and a support group located on the Gulf Coast. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon.
MandiWay
on 7/7/11 10:57 am - MS
 Hi Shelly!  I live in Biloxi but work in the Gulfport/Long Beach area... I'm scheduled for surgery in November.  Your date is right around the corner!!

Shelly7898
on 7/7/11 1:59 pm - Long Beach , MS
Yes it is. I am so nervous but yet excited. I am already working in the vitamins and doing one meal a day and some shakes to prepare myself for the 4 weeks of only liquids. So far its been hard for me since I cook 3 meals a day for my husband. Where are you haveing your surgery done at?
MandiWay
on 7/7/11 10:20 pm - MS
 My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgery, so it's off to Mexico for me.
03horizon
on 12/27/11 9:19 am
Mandiway, did you have your surgery?  Was it in Mexico? My insurance specifically excludes weight loss surgery and so I will be self pay.   Any insights?  I am a part time resident of Biloxi and part time resident in New Mexico.  There aren't any doctors I would see in New Mexico.
Tammy M.
on 7/10/11 8:48 am - Hattiesburg, MS
VSG on 11/12/20 with
Dr. William Avara does various bariatric surgeries in Ocean Springs, including the Lap Band. His office hosts a monthly support group both on the Coast and in Hattiesburg. Free of charge. Contact his office for more information on support groups. You do not have to be a patient of his to participate.

www.smsurgicalweightloss.com/

Good luck on your journey!

~ Tammy

~ Tammy Starr

wesley01
on 7/13/11 3:34 am - Jackson, MS
Hi!

I too am scheduled for VSG in August. Since my insurance does not cover the surgery, I am having the surgery in Dallas, TX.  Only my family knows that I am having the surgery and I am extremely skeptical about informing my co-workers and friends about it due to overwhelming questions.  I am looking for a support group to even someone to exchange emails with regarding my upcoming surgery.  Any and all replies of support or information would be greatly appreciated.  I hope to hear from someone soon!

Shelly7898
on 7/14/11 6:40 am - Long Beach , MS
Hi and I hope things work out for you... I attended the support group in New Orleans on Tuesday and it was pretty good. If you want to talk, you can always message me on here and I will reply.
Most Active