Recent Posts

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 3:30 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Stay72
on 9/18/14 9:18 pm
Topic: RE: Kalispell

Hello! I'm from Libby and just had surgery 7 weeks ago. I'll help in any way I can! :)

Shelly

Tammy C.
on 1/2/13 9:22 am
Topic: 2013: 20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

2013:  20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

When it comes to New Year's resolutions, our family members and friends can get quite creative and even funny with what they resolve to do in the New Year.  Here a few good ones I have heard along the way...Oh, and a few of my own!

1.  I resolve to stop procrastinating about procrastinating!

2.  I will stop sending Facebook messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am!

3.  I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang my jacket.

4.  I will not sit at the kitchen table in my PJ's all day.  Instead, I will move my computer to my bedroom.

5.  I vow to never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night!

Click here to read more!

All my best, 

Tammy Colter
Director of Media & PR
Editor-In-Chief
ObesityHelp.com
OH Magazine
shellykayd
on 10/14/12 4:22 pm - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
Topic: Surgery tomorrow morning!!!
 Anxious and worried.  My surgery done in Great Falls in the past (19 years ago) really sucked (laproscopic gallbladder removal).  Hoping this time is better.  Have had a C-section and donated a kidney (open surgery) since then, so hopefully I can handle whatever comes my way.   It's still scary!  I'll be in Benefis East tomorrow morning until Wednesday morhning if all goes well.  Fingers crossed, prayers said, wood knocked on!!!

My doctor is Dr. Rorher.  I've heard good thing about it....I just don't really know him.  Have only met him twice.

Anyway, I better get to bed!  See you all on the other side!!

Shelly
Shelly, mom to two special needs kids in Bozeman MT

shellykayd
on 9/30/12 8:46 am - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
Topic: Starting pre-op diet tomorrow
I'm so nervous!  I have surgery scheduled for October 15, 2012 in Great Falls.  Thankfully my parents live there and I will be able to stay at their house for a week afterwards before coming back to Belgrade.

Anyone else here *****cently had surgery or is going in soon?

Member Services
on 9/14/12 11:33 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Meet Our Speakers: Ask The Experts!
                       Save the dates: October 5th and 6th!

Come to Atlanta, GA and ask our panel of experts the questions you want answers to!  If you are unable to atend the event, email your questions to:  [email protected] and we will ask the experts to answer your questions and then we will post them on the message boards after the OH event!

Click here to reserve your tickets today!  We hope to see you there!

Mixed Q & A Panel, 
Grads & Professionals

Friday  2:00pm - 4:30pm

Dr.  Paul E. Macik

Performing operations laparoscopically since 1991.  His practice offers Gastric Bypass, LapBand and Sleeve Gastrectomy options.  Also an Instructor for Quarterly In-Service Program of Bariatric Surgery at Emory Dunwoody Medical Center and Northside Hospital.

Jim Blackburn

Jim lost 215 pounds and found a love for running.  With 58,038 Race finishers at an avg time of 01:17:35, Jim finished the 2012 Peachtree Road Race (10k) in 1:07:57, a goal he's worked towards since having Gastric Bypass.

Dr.  Michael Williams 

Dr. Williams principal clinical and research interest include minimally invasive techniques, and the surgical therapy of morbid obesity.  He has been involved in training surgeons in laparocopic techniques in the United States and the Caribbean.  

Beth Sheldon-Badore

Blogger, & Founder of Bariatric Bad Girls. "Melting Mama" as she's known through her blog has been blogging about life since her WLS in 2004.  Her witty, honest approach to life after WLS has inspired and supported thousands.

Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg

Double-board certified, plastic and reconstructive surgeon and a board-certified general surgeon.  In 1995, he created and began sponsoring Pink Ribbons, an annual October event during Breast Cancer Month to benefit breast cancer organizations.

Courtney aka tripmom02

An active OH member for 5 years and a frequent poster on the VSG forum! She's bringing her post-op experience as a Lap Band to VSG Revision. Courtney has lost 170 lbs and is training for her 1st half marathon in October. Her goal is to complete an Iron Man in 2014!

Professional Q & A Panel

Saturday  10:30am - 11:55am

Scott Steinberg, MD

Fellow-ship trained advanced laparoscopic surgeon. A member of the American College of Surgeons and the ASMBS. 

Qammar Rashid, MD

Fellow-ship trained in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery.  A large part of her practice is breast and bariatric surgery.    

Dr. Dennis C. Smith  

The 3rd surgeon in the world to perform the totally laparoscopic DS and the 1st bariatric surgeon in the world to present the Hand-Sewn Duedenal-Ileal Anastomosis technique. 

Connie Stapleton, Ph.D

Dr. Stapleton is a licensed clinical psychologist, received her doctorol degree from Texas A&M University in Counseling Psychology.  

Donna DeMild, LPBLC

Post-Op and CEO of BodySmart, LLC. Donna works at NJ Bariatrics and is a licensed bariatric life coach. Her focus is lifestyle change after wls.   

Jeremy Gentles

A Ph.D Candidate in Sport Science at East Tennessee State University and for a number of years, served as ObesityHelp's Exercise Physiologist. 

Shravan Panyam
on 9/13/12 12:37 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Announcing Forum Upgrades!

Its been over six years since we've launched our forums. During this time it has seen thousands of fresh faces, greetings, meetings, partings, arguments, kind words, life transformations, cathartic rants, and simply happy time pass. It has been with us throughout this time, silently observing and facilitating. But like any wise old man, its bones were getting old. Its joints were aching, and it has been needing a new jolt of energy.

A Mobile World
Did you know that over 30% of you visit our website using a mobile device? For those who do visit us via mobile, we owe you a sincere apology, because our forums have been horrendous on a mobile browser. But the big news is that things are about to change! Our new forums are completely mobile friendly and compatible with iPhone, Android, and pretty much any other modern smart phone.

Each post, topic, and forum shows up beautifully, with the full set of features, and in nice large font. See the screenshots for yourself.

You dont have do anything different, just browse to the forums like you normally would. This means that you can finally put these away:

Not Just for Mobile
The interface on your desktop browser has also been cleaned up a great deal. There is now less clutter on the page, and the overall experience is a lot cleaner. Check out some more screenshots here!

You will notice that each post no longer has 400 buttons below it. Only the buttons that are relevant to each post show up, making your screen space a lot less cluttered. Also, when you reply to another person's post, the entire post is indented inside, making it a lot easier to figure out who has replied to whom.

Launching soon! Maybe as early as next week! Maybe.
And do remember that this is not in any way a be-all-end-all when it comes to the forums. We are in the process of constantly learning and improving upon what we have, and this is just one step along the way.

Stay tuned for the changes! We look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

ObesityHelp Developer

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:29 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

shellykayd
on 8/6/12 3:11 pm - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
Topic: Seeing Dr. Rohrer in Great Falls on Wednesday!
We live in Belgrade, but we are driving up to my parents' house in Great Falls tomorrow.  I'm so anxious!  I know I need to do something to lose weight and get healthier, but there is just so much information out there.  I don't know where to start!!!

Right this moment I am thinking of having RnY surgery, but the sleeve sounds interesting too.  Of course I have no clue if my insurnace would cover the sleeve.

Anyone here have the sleeve?  Experiences?

How about RnY?  How was the recovery?

I've had several surgeries (both open and laproscopic), but I really don't know what to expect for this sort of thing.

Thanks!

Shelly

michalk63
on 7/16/12 1:29 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone in the Bozeman area?
 i hope it all works out for you. I remember those feelings of being scared of the scale. I am doing good with my sleeve. I am at a stall with my weight loss as i have some other health issues and have to be on steroids  which doesnt help weight loss but i haven't gained which I countl as a good thing If you have any questions about my process I will be happy to share.  Marina.

Most Active