Protein Question

Ellie333
on 10/3/14 9:57 am - Canada

Can anyone give me any advise on protein supplement to add to drinks/food post surgery (sleeve).  I would like to start purchasing now so that once surgery is done I can be ready.  I would appreciate any experience I can get.  Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 10:53 am - Oromocto, Canada

I got the beneprotein that Rhinette suggested. I priced around and the cheapest place is Ford pharmacy in Moncton. I think it was just under $20 a can. When I went for my weigh in appt, she told me about it so I picked up two cans. I did check around Freddy a little but this was good for me.  

Ellie333
on 10/3/14 11:12 am - Canada

Is this a powder and if so how does it mix into your food, is there a trick so that you do not get lumps?

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/14 2:01 am - Oromocto, Canada

It mixes in really easy. Warm liquids mix in easier but I have mixed in in Yop. I just find it makes a lot of bubbles that put extra air in the belly. 

bigchris
on 10/4/14 4:03 am - Canada

the one from fords is the better one there is no taste to it and it mixes good with everything I put it in my puree food so it

helped me fill full 

Ellie333
on 10/4/14 9:46 pm - Canada

Thank you Chris, can you tell me the name of the product from Fords and did you order it on line or is it available locally??

bigchris
on 10/5/14 12:32 am - Canada

the name is harmonized protein made by progressive I got at fords pharmacy that is where the dietitian told me to go you can at other pharmacy to check if they carry it in your area. If not you can drop in at fords next time your in Moncton it's on saint George street and it's open Monday to Friday 9 to 5 and on Saturday 9 to 1 and closed on sundays

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/14 11:40 pm - Oromocto, Canada

I'm not sure if he has the same one I have, but it is called BeneProtein and made by Nestle, the same company that makes good start for babies. It says that it has no flavour, but I find in non-milk products it changes the flavour. They gave me some in hospital mixed with Apple juice and it looked cloudier and had a bit of flavour like pineapple juice. Same thing with soup broth, it changes the flavour slightly. Not in a bad way, just different. In milk products I don't really find a difference. I think it's because it is made from whey. 

better_life_ahead
on 10/8/14 12:40 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

i wish i would have known about Unjury before surgery, i had trouble finding something i liked drinking. i find all protein shakes has a like a chalk taste to it and leaves after taste.

Unjury is the only thing i can drink without gaging and it doesn't leave an aftertaste.  only thing it's from U.S. but there is a flat $18 fee for shipping, doesn't matter how many you order, so i always order like 6 at a time so it lasts me quite a while.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1738 views