Boost Diet

karasmom
on 10/23/14 9:04 am

Hoping to have my surgery in the next 4-6 months.  I must admit that Dr. Savoie's 2 week Boost diet scares the hell out of me.  Anybody have any survival tips they would like to share?  I don't even have my date yet and I am already losing sleep over this.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 9:14 am - Oromocto, Canada

I had to do the shakes that I ordered from Quebec. I mixed them with two protein bars and three shakes per day. That way you get to chew food too. Around day three and four was bad and I was happy to be finished with the shakes. I found the diet afterwards a lot harder. 

karasmom
on 10/23/14 10:09 pm

Was that with dr Savoie?

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/14 3:51 am - Oromocto, Canada

No, Dr Beausoleil. He doesn't like the diabetic boost.  Someone on here posted they are the same, but I printed out the two and there were a few things that were different. 

sunnie41
on 10/24/14 12:34 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

unfortunately dr savoie uses just the diabetic boost drinks.  in my experience, once you get past day 3 it gets a little easier. you will have headaches from caffeine/sugar withdrawal but they subside.  i put a little extract in mine sometimes (maple, vanilla etc) and if you freeze them, i love them. like a slushy.  there is nothing to stress about...i just kept saying, i have waited this long, there is NO way i am going to mess this up. this is what we have to do to get to where we want to be.  and the dr will sew you right back up if the liver is not shrunk enough.  the boost diet will do this perfectly.

i have actually done the boost 2 week diet a few times over the last two years. whenever i see the weight creep up. almost like a detox. gets me back on track again

karasmom
on 10/24/14 3:27 am

So I can freeze it or whip it up in my magic bullet?

sunnie41
on 10/27/14 1:58 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

sure, i loved it frozen or whipped. i even went so far as to put it in a big martini glass (when i wasnt at work) to feel like i was cheating or actually enjoying it ;)

Frankie82
on 10/27/14 2:16 am, edited 10/27/14 2:17 am
RNY on 08/07/14

My surgeons plan was 4 weeks of Glucerna (pretty well Diabetic Boost). I made sure I ordered every flavour available and then I doctored them up. I would blend with ice, blend with ice and add a pinch of xantham gum (make it thick, more like a milk-shake), ran it through and ice cream machine so I could actually eat with utensils, made Glucernia Popsicles, and heated it up as a coffee substitute in the morning. I had enough variety that I didn't have to eat the same flavour, the same way every day.

It really isn't that bad. What I found really beneficial about the pre-op diet is it made me realize what was habit eating versus hunger eating (eg: taking a tray out of the oven and popping in a chicken nugget is habit eating lol). Also on the plus side, after that many meal replacement shakes, the broth in the hospital post-op tastes amazing!

maggie9247
on 11/14/14 4:29 am - Miramichi, Canada

Just wondering I am on the boost diet now, so this is all new to me, but  a friend of mine asked me what is the difference of using boost with high protein, compared to diabetic boost.  I didn't know what to tell her. Is there a difference, and can that boost high protein be used just the same ????? She is wanting to buy it now, but I told her I'm not sure.

Frankie82
on 11/14/14 12:39 pm
RNY on 08/07/14

Huge differences between the two. The Boost high protein has 240 calories, 18 grams sugar, and 15 grams protein, where the Boost Diabetic comes in at 190 calories, 0 grams sugar, and 16 grams protein (according to MFP). So you'd be getting more protein, and less sugar and calories with the diabetic one.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1040 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1893 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1748 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1747 views