Going to Bathurst on Wednesday for my initial consult. Not sure what to expect, timing, etc...

allyray
on 11/22/14 7:30 pm

I'm driving to Bathurst on Thursday (actually Wednesday night for my first appointment. I really don't know what to expect. I have a long drive from Sussex 

maggie9247
on 11/23/14 3:32 am - Miramichi, Canada

You will do great, now you know the ball is rolling. It moves quite fast from there. You will meet everyone, the nurse,nutritionist and the therapist, they are all wonderful. I am going to Bathurst Thursday morning for my surgery,getting very anxious, and excited.

I have waited a little better then 5 years, and honestly I have to say it was so worth the wait. Good luck:)

allyray
on 11/23/14 7:05 am

My teenage boys are very concerned about the whole thing, as is my husband.  That as well as the driving!  But honestly that drive will NOT stop me.  You must be so excited to be getting your surgery!  I was referred back in 2010 so I am quite surprised to get my call so soon! Good luck on Thursday!  Do you have to spend the night in the hospital?

karasmom
on 11/23/14 5:09 am

I had my first consult on Oct.  22.  I went back on Oct 27 for the info session and again on Nov. 7 to meet Dr. Savoie and to sign my papers.  Unfortunately now I am back to "hurry up and wait" which is frustrating but I am hoping that my surgery will be in Jan or Feb.  

The ladies you will meet on Thursday are all very friendly and so easy to talk to. I was so nervous and scared for that first appointment (despite what others had told me) but I didn't need to be. You will have to let us know how you make out.

allyray
on 11/23/14 8:35 am

I'm so excited...honestly it's all I can think about.  I got excited when Sandra told me that there were 2 surgeons there in December.  

Butterfly81
on 11/24/14 10:32 am

I got placed on the list in July 09. I received my call in June and had my initial consult June 27. I love all the ladies they are all so wonderful. Carol is amazing:) they are all great made me feel so good Bout everything I went back September 9 for my info session and met dr semerjian. I then went to see the anesthesiologist and seen Carol and Monique and the or nurse:) that was November 13 the now the wait.... I hoped for before Christmas but dr semerjian is pushed back so it will hopefully be early in the new year. The wait is driving me silly:( I'm ready now. I can't wait I'm aooooo anxious:) I too have a long drive 3.4 hours I always take my husband with me he is a very wonderful supporter of this decision:)

karasmom
on 11/24/14 6:36 pm

Drive safe!  I hear they are calling for snow. :(

sunnie41
on 11/25/14 12:32 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

i was just up on friday (nov 21).

after two years i am quite used to the drive, boring really (nothing to see)

and i agree above, be careful, we are supposed to be getting snow and it is not worth the risk even after waiting like forever.

good luck and have fun, remember to jot down questions to ask.

allyray
on 11/25/14 1:49 am

I booked a hot room for Wednesday night so that I can be there for 7:45 appointment on Thursday am.  I received a letter in the mail yestersay saying that if I miss an appointment, they will send my referral back to my family dr. So I'll leave before the storm down here and hopefully leave up there after the mess is cleaned up. Honestly, I don't think there is much that would keep me from getting to Bathurst tomorrow!  Like all of us, I have been waiting so long for this!

allyray
on 11/25/14 1:51 am

I booked a hot room for Wednesday night so that I can be there for 7:45 appointment on Thursday am.  I received a letter in the mail yestersay saying that if I miss an appointment, they will send my referral back to my family dr. So I'll leave before the storm down here and hopefully leave up there after the mess is cleaned up. Honestly, I don't think there is much that would keep me from getting to Bathurst tomorrow!  Like all of us, I have been waiting so long for this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1738 views