Surgery date

soniala37
on 11/27/14 5:36 pm - Canada

I have my surgery (sleeve) scheduled this Monday December 1st with Dr. Savoie...and I have to say that a million thoughts have been going through my head the past 2 weeks. For those of you who already had the surgery do you have any regrets??

allyray
on 11/28/14 2:30 am

Haven't had any surgery yet so can't tell you about regrets or anything but this may help. There isn't one person thst I have spoken to that's had it done that has regretted it. The only regret I hear is not getting it done sooner. I too have many many questions.  All the best on Monday and post your experience on here! I love reading about how others make out with this surgery!!!

bigchris
on 11/29/14 3:10 am - Canada

hi I had my surgery done in Moncton in april it was the best thing I could have did for myself and for my love ones I have no regrets for having the surgery I was dietbetic and on 8 pills a day with high blood pressure I weight in at my highest at 417 I was able to lose 27 pounds in 2years my meds where stopping me from losing weight and I tried every diet from weigh****chers and simply for life I weighed in at 388 when I first saw the doctor last year and I weighed in at 380 the to weeks before my surgery now I weigh in at 268 and I not a dietbetic anymore and my blood pressure is normal so I have no regrets you do have to give up somthings but it's worth it no more junk food and pop but a longer life it's going to be worth it at the end any question you have just ask

kim_pei
on 11/29/14 8:07 am - Canada

I have the same concerns and worries soniala....I am waiting for my surgery too and I am getting an rny......I have no doubt that the people I have talked to over the past 2 and a half years all say the same as chris....I have been fortunate enough to know a man who is 4 years out and loving life completely....I will never turn back now.

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/14 12:59 am - Oromocto, Canada

I felt kind of weird about it after. I read about those who absolutely saw it as the best thing right after. For me, there was so much I didn't expect that it took longer. At almost 50 lbs lighter now I know it was the right thing. But for that first month of restrictions I did find it hard to think that way.  Now I eat what I want and nothing is really bothering me. Maybe meat if I eat too much and too fast. But I'm good with bread and sugar etc. the things that seem to bother most people. I find it better to have a small piece of chocolate then to deny and yearn for it. My big thing before surgery was mcds double cheeseburgers. Now I drive by all the fast food places and don't feel tempted at all.  That is a good thing. I go home and have a piece of cheese or a piece of fruit and feel just as good.  It gets harder to remember how I felt physically before to compare with now. Write a little diary and put in how you feel, are there things hard to do.  That will help you to remember and see the differences.  Also, someone told me to take your measurements every month. If you feel you are not losing pounds, that will show really what's going on. I did my measurements the night before my surgery and took photos so I could see all my lumps and bumps.  Hope this helps. It's all coming out in a torrent...lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views