Boost and the holidays

karasmom
on 12/19/14 8:24 am

Starting my Boost diet Dec. 29th.  I will still have a couple of Holiday functions /dinners to go to after I start and as much as I would like to I can't skip them.  Anybody have any tips on surviving them?  Anybody from the Bathurst clinic eat the veggies while on the Boost?

Butterfly81
on 12/23/14 3:15 pm

I start my boost today the 24th! This is honnA be tough! But I have my eye on the prize:)

karasmom
on 12/27/14 7:12 pm

Hey Butterfly81...How are you making out so far???  Is it as awful as they said it would be? 

Butterfly81
on 12/28/14 1:19 am

Its terrible:( my head hurts a lot! But I have a natural path peppermint halo rub I have been using to help with that. I'm day 4 and I am past the point of hunger. It's almost now like I could care less to eat or not but Christmas Day was a tough one. Drinking lots of water and remembering that I have 10 days left until my life changes forever. I'm excited nervous and frustrated at the same time if that makes sense! When do you start!?

Butterfly81
on 12/28/14 1:21 am

I just remembered you start tomorrow. I suggest doing the veggies. It is tough but I save my veggies and have broccoli or brusselnspeouts for supper with a boost. I hope that's ok. But even after drinking the boost I don't feel satisfied. I think that's the feeling you have not satisfied 

karasmom
on 12/29/14 4:33 am

Yup!  Started today.  It's 4:30 and I've only had 2 Boost so far today.  My head is aching like crazy but it has been that way for over a week now.  I am going to try really hard to skip the veggies but we will see.

Have you lost much so far?  I am anxious to hop on the scale in the morning.

Butterfly81
on 12/29/14 5:30 am

When I stood on the scale it shows 7 lbs. I am wondering if it's not more due to lack of bowel movement and the amount of water I am drinking I feel water logged. My husband is really good with supper and has the kids helping with dishes so I can stay out of the kitchen because it is so easy to want to put food in my mouth. Day 6....8 to go! The headaches are gone now and today seemed easier but I have been taking the vitamin too not sure if that is helping. This is definitely challenging I have had spinach cucumber and peppers to help with the satisfaction of actually eaten but no where near two cups a day. I am going to try really hard for the next 8 days to have none.:) we got this we are so close and with this week being New Years and me working tomorrow and Friday and Monday and Tuesday  it will help me get through the next 8 days. Now for the weather to be smart I will be good!

Anxiousgirl
on 12/29/14 10:52 am

I started my boost diet last december 22  and had my surgery jan 6. Here I am 1 year later and down 152 pounds. It is so worth it, the boost is the hardest part to get through!

Butterfly81
on 12/30/14 5:43 am

Wow! Thank you! I needed to hear that! I am really having a hard time today seems to be worst and its day 7 just 7 to go... 

karasmom
on 12/30/14 9:18 am

Yay!  You are halfway there!!  Day 2 is just about done.  12 days seems like an awfully long time!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views