Question about Protein

Livewire
on 3/3/15 3:10 am - Saint John, Canada
VSG on 02/18/15

First of all, I had my surgery on the 18th of February. Before the surgery my room mate was the lovely Ellie. She is the sweetest lady ever! I was in the hospital for 5 days after as I had a collapsed lung, but AM DOING FINE NOW.

So the protein powder I bought was the beneprotein and i don't like it. I find it clumps. I was wondering if the GNC or different brands are a different consistency. I have the Costco protein drink with 40 grams of protein per drink for now.

kim_pei
on 3/3/15 6:45 am - Canada

Hi Livewire!  So glad all is well and your home.  Ellie is a friend of mine too.  I have tried the lean protien premade shakes from GNC and they are very good.  That being said, I havent had my surgery yet and from what I hear tastes can change.  The good thing about the gnc ones is that you can buy individual flavors to try them before you buy a box and they are on sale all the time....if you get a gnc card you also get discounts. I was going to try the costco powder premium protein and was wondering if they are any good?  I am not a real sweet or chocolate lover and have been trying to find flavorless protein but cant.  Hope all is well!

Kim

Livewire
on 3/3/15 10:46 am - Saint John, Canada
VSG on 02/18/15

Hi Kim. I only got the high protein drink in chocolate. It reminds me of quick mix. The good news is I haven't felt hungry at all.

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/15 5:20 am - Oromocto, Canada

Hi Kim, 

i looked for the non flavoured protein powder as well and the beneprotein was the only one I could find. Costco and gnc only carry the flavoured ones, I think. It does clump but I only put it on my cereal and it doesn't bother me much. I think it dissolves better in warm products. 

kim_pei
on 3/4/15 12:11 am - Canada

Hi Live....glad to hear your doing well...I cant tell you how much i wish i got my call....Dr. B's office told me when I signed the papers for surgery in Sept that it would be 4-6 months....it is now 6 months  just waiting for the call.  Trying to keep calm and wait this out but it is hard.  Hope you are doing better and better everyday!

Kim

karasmom
on 3/4/15 4:57 am, edited 3/4/15 4:57 am

I bought the orange flavoured protein powdet from GNC.  It doesn't taste bad but I find it very sweet.  It almost puts me in mind of the orange stuff I had to drink to test for gestational diabetes when I was pregnant.

sunnie41
on 3/4/15 5:29 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

i agree with karasmom. i found the orange from gnc to be so sweet as was the banana. i could only stomach the vanilla or chocolate still to this day.  i like the shakes you can buy from costco but i try to watch the carbs on it (i am over two years out).   in the first few months i think that is not quite as important as getting all the proteins etc in. i also use s brand of whey protein powder from walmart jsut to get some extra on some days. i put it in my coffee but you have to be careful, if you put the whey powder in hot liquid, it has the tendency to curdle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1740 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1739 views