so disappointed

kim_pei
on 3/5/15 1:21 pm - Canada

I called OR booking at the Moncton hospital as they told me to do in March.  They informed me they are down 2 anesthesiologists  and have reduced surgeries to 2 per week and only necessary ones. They advised that I may now get a call in April sometime for May, that is if they dont have emergencies.  They have been telling me this every month for months. This is hard on the head and hard to prepare for in regards to my life and finances.  I will tough it it out but this month by month disappointment is getting to me.

Ellie333
on 3/6/15 8:10 am - Canada

Hang tight my friend, you will get that call right out of the blue when you least expect it.  YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS!!!

Colleen_SJ
on 3/6/15 11:49 pm

I feel your pain, I also went through this for several months. First I was told last summer that it would be "late fall", then at the end of October it was "sometime between now and February", and now I finally have a date of March 30. But all the while I was having a lot of anxiety over when and what to tell my employer. In the end I did not tell them until I finally had an actual date. Truly the most stressful thing about the entire process so far has been dealing with the uncertainly of when exactly I was going to have to be off work, not being able to give my employer any dates for hiring my replacement. I definitely understand why it has to be this way, but it doesn't make it any less stressful.  I hope you get a date soon!

kim_pei
on 3/8/15 7:49 am - Canada

Hi Colleen...hi Ellie!

Thanks for the support....I too have to work out everything with work and money and my life.  To go through this process with uncertainty from start to finish is so hard. I am praying for a date soon.

Colleen_SJ
on 3/8/15 11:07 pm

Did you say you are having your surgery with Dr. Savoie? If so I'm figuring mine will probably be postponed also since he had to postpone yours, I mean it stands to reason that if he is behind schedule then he will still be behind schedule when it comes time for mine...so I'm trying to just accept that possibility. However I am now worried that it might actually run into June, because my only child is graduating high school and of all things I can't miss that.

kim_pei
on 3/8/15 11:10 pm - Canada

Hi Colleen...no my surgery is in Moncton...Kim 

Colleen_SJ
on 3/8/15 11:15 pm

Oh sorry, for some reason I thought you said Dr. Savoie. I hope you hear soon, it is so nerve-wracking!

TerryDraded
on 3/9/15 10:02 pm

Kim, the wait is horrendous and I'm sorry you are still waiting. Take care, it'll come through.

kim_pei
on 3/9/15 10:59 pm - Canada

Thanks Terry...I started this process with my family doctor 2 years before I start with Dr.  B in moncton.  I know the 2 years prior was a frustrating journey with my doctor because every step of they way he left me waiting to take the next step...andyou would wait and wait to find out he did nothing and I wwould have to find the clinic or doctor and do it myself. By the time I got to moncton. ..I was so relieve I made it....now since then it's been a series of....wait...wait more...now wait longer but no date in sight.....I have wanted this over half my life....I feel like my life is on hold for this.....but thanks....I know others have gone through this....I just wish the health system would recognize how important this is...how life saving in so many ways this is and start looking at it like it's a priority instead of an elective surgery. ..kim

jndrake
on 3/13/15 9:13 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Sorry to hear your going to be stuck in the waiting place for a little while longer. I remember very well what that felt like. Your day will come soon though and you will be successful and it will all be worth it believe me! Take care. J. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views