One step closer...

NadiaO
on 3/21/15 10:09 am

Hello,

I had my consult in February then met Dr.Savoie in Bathurst last week.  I'm going back in April for the info session.  Then it'll be the tests (?) and then possibly surgery!?!

The nurse suggested they MIGHT be able to skip the visit with the anesthesiologist ... I trust they know what they are doing as I'm very nervous about the anesthesia.  Well, actually I'm pretty nervous/anxious about everything relating to the surgery and post surgery but that is probably normal. 

In the meantime, I'm going to continue educating myself and preparing myself mentally.  Thank you to all who share their experiences on this forum. It's helping greatly!

Colleen_SJ
on 3/21/15 10:29 am

Why would you be skipping the meeting with the anesthesiologist? Do you live a long way from Bathurst? (I live in Saint John)

NadiaO
on 3/21/15 11:06 am

I live in Saint John as well.  The nurse said they were trying out something new - that when candidates are 'healthy' that they might be able to skip that step...   That is the term she used but apparently the anesthesiologist will review the file and decide if he wants to see me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views