I really need help

Medic586
on 3/28/15 11:31 am

i had surgery in Nov 6 in Fredericton, since then i having alot of pains since the surgery and my surgeon can not found anything wrong. Im having a hard time eating 300/400 calories a day and im drinking 3 cups a day of liquid.  Ive been vomiting and diahhera.  The thing is my dr can not found anything wrong and all my tests are negative.  Im getting so discourige and i really can not deal with the pain when im eat or im drinking.  I think im getting really depressed.  Also my dr did phone call with other dr and they never seen that.  I dont know what to do i feel week.  I just wander if the sleeve can be reverse.  

Is there other people that is having the same issue?

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 3:16 am - Oromocto, Canada

I don't know if the surgery can be reversed since they actually remove a approximately 80% of your stomach.

Ellie333
on 3/29/15 6:34 am - Canada

I do not believe the sleeve can be reversed, however, maybe if you try to take in only liquids for a time (assuming you have not tried this).  Slowly (and I mean very slowly) re-introduce thicker fluids.  I have heard of others having something called a stricture (I think that is what they call it) and what it is is scaring.  If you look up at the top of this page and click on the magnifying glass and key in your symptoms (vomiting, etc. after vsg surgery it will bring up anyone who has had this issue and asked questions about it.  Good luck and hang in there, oh and another thing, stay on your doctor, sometimes they do not have the answers but their network is a lot bigger than ours (medically speaking).  If he does not have the answer then he should be able to help you find someone who can give you the answers.  Did he check your gallbladder??  These are also classic symptoms of gallbladder attacks.

Ellie

Medic586
on 3/29/15 7:04 am

Hi, thank you for the information.  I got my gallbladder out long time ago and my dr made me have mri just in case there was a stone in the canal and everything was ok.  I did talk with my dr last week and he is waiting a phone call from a dr in Montreal.  My dr prescribed me a anti depressant to see if it will help for the pain.  

Ellie333
on 3/29/15 9:37 am - Canada

I am not sure where you are from but our clinic here in eastern Canada is in Moncton, NB at the George Dumont Hospital and the surgeon is second to none.  His name is Sylvain Beausoleil, possibly your doctor could refer his questions to him.  I had complications early on and he and his team were incredible and extremely knowledgeable.  They fixed me up "right as rain" (I had a leak), good luck.

Medic586
on 3/29/15 9:39 am

My dr is Dr Rene Boisvert in Fredericton and he did contact him.  He also contacted some dr in Halifax and Montreal.

canucksjnb
on 4/2/15 1:02 pm, edited 4/2/15 1:03 pm - Canada

I hope you're treated successfully!  I had the sleeve surgery in mid January and had severe problems with nausea   I was hospitalized in February with dehydration, treated and released.  It just became worse.  I was hospitalized again in early March and they did an upper GI ser.ies and a CT scan.  It was discovered that a small lea****urred.  I was on IV nutrition through a PICC for a couple of weeks with nothing by mouth (even water, ugh).  The leak resolved itself and I'm now eating and drinking without issue.  I had a follow up today with Dr Beausoleil and all is well.  I'm even off blood pressure medication since losing over 100lbs!!   From what you're saying, you're malnourished and probably also dehydrated.   I would call the clinic or go to the hospital.  They a least have to keep you from wasting away while they figure out whats wrong with you.  I wish you the very best of luck!!   Peter

TerryDraded
on 4/2/15 10:16 pm

If I were you, I would not mess around with this. 300/400 cals a day is not very much and maybe you do have a leak. Make the call to the bariatric clinic in moncton and force the issue. Ask for the nurse there and tell her what is up, get the hospital to transfer you to her direct line. If no success then go to emergency. There could be a dozen things wrong and you should not wait for our very slow health care system to figure out how to diagnose you. 

Take a tablespoon of protein drink in at a time and if  you are able to eat food, use chopsticks to eat with. It makes you eat very slowly and in small amounts. 

I was was just sleeved thus Feb and have had no complications so far but I have been lucky. Please post again how you are doing. 

Medic586
on 4/3/15 12:56 am

I went to the emergency roomthis week and they can not find anything wrong.  They even called my surgeon.  They are saying its depression but i know im not depressed and the pain is awful.  I think my surgeon gave up on me to find what is wrong with me.  I know the pain is not in my head.  I just want to be pain free and follow the diet.  Also being week its hard on the job that im doing. I really think i should get a second opinion.

jndrake
on 4/2/15 3:06 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

That sounds awful and scary. You must be loosing weight at an incredibly rapid rate! Hope you get some answers soon. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1031 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1883 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1739 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1738 views