Picking a procedure

derek0017
on 4/8/15 3:35 am

Does anyone know what procedure causes "dumping?"  I have heard and read many different stories.  I got my call yesterday from Moncton.  I have a booklet that says that from the day you get the call it can be 6 to 12 months before you actually have the surgery depending on your severity.  I'd like to hear some experiences.

amandajean35
on 4/8/15 6:52 am - Canada

My first consultation date with the doctor was jan2014, info session oct 2014,  signed my papers Feb2015, then surgery date April 2015. My first referral went in back in sept 2011 for the surgery. 

bigchris
on 4/8/15 8:44 am - Canada

I saw DR B to sign my papers in may of 2013 and had my surgery on april 8th of 2014 and I saw him on april 1st this year for my one year check up and every thing is going great down 120 pounds and holding. I only had problem with dumping during my first week of the liquid diet and it didn't last long.i had the sleeve done and had no problems at all it was the best thing I could have done for myself and family.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/15 5:24 am - Oromocto, Canada

I think dumping syndrome is most frequent with the gastric bypass.  All it is, is when the food passes too quickly into the intestines and can cause bloating, gas, vomiting, diarrhea, or after a bit of time, sweating or dizziness. I haven't had any of these problems with the sleeve. Your stomach is still there to break down the food. Alcohol will pass quicker so you have to watch out when you drink after. I have heard as well that with the band you can get liquid backing up into your noise when you lie down. Kind of like reflux, I guess. One reason I choose the sleeve. Lol if you talk to the Drs they will tell you some issues with the different procedures. I had in mind what I wanted to have, but after reviewing your case Dr beausoleil will suggest what he thinks is best in each case.  I think you can also use the search at the top of this website and type in things like dumping syndrome to get more personal experiences.  

sunnie41
on 4/13/15 2:13 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

i agree with rykat, dumping is usually mentioned in conjunction with gastric bypass

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views