I received my call today!

kim_pei
on 4/10/15 1:37 pm - Canada

The call I have been waiting for came today!  I go over for my tests on May 5th and surgery on May 26th. Can anyone who has gone through this please give me some kind of list to start stocking up on.   I dont know where to laugh, cry, dance,,,,nervous and happy all at the same time.

Ellie333
on 4/10/15 10:17 pm - Canada

WOOOFREAKIN'HOOO!!!!!!!  I couldn't be happier for you! You will be on clear fluids for a few days so I just made sure that I had juice and broth at the ready.  When you move to a mixed consistency (full fluid) diet at about day 3-4, strained cream soups and protein drinks were the flavor of the day (my sister picked me up a case of Chocolate and a case of Vanilla Premier Protein $30/18 boxes).  For the couple of weeks leading up to my surgery when my husband (because he does all the cooking) would make a chicken or roast beef dinner, chili, baked beans, stew etc.  I would weigh out a small portion - 1/2 cup (not just the protein but if it was stew for example Rhinette told me to add a little potato, veg and gravy) and puree it, put it in small containers and freeze it so that when the pureed stage started all I had to do was go to the freezer and microwave my breakfast, lunch and supper (for breakfast I made a small pot of oatmeal portioned it out in 1/2 cup portions and froze it as well - quick breakfast).  Water tasted awful so I added a little sugar free juice to it and it tasted much better.  One day I was out shopping with my daughter and she wanted to go to Tim Horton's for a sandwich so I went (I was still on clear fluid stage) and asked them to strain some   of the chicken noodle soup for me and they were more than happy to do it for me, my daughter had her sandwich and I sipped my broth and it was delicious!  Rhinette said that at this point because we are taking in so little that the sodium was not that big of a deal, so I enjoyed a little regular broth and did not worry about low sodium at this stage.  My husband made just about all of the broth I had at home, if you can do this it is a lot tastier than anything you can buy and you can put whatever flavor you want/like in it.  I know that I am rambling on but I am sooo damn excited for you that I guess I just want to tell you everything (most things you know already).  The BIGGEST thing that I have learned through this experience is to be patient with your recovery, take your time to heal and let others do for you (that was a hard one).  You are going to do great, they are so caring in Moncton they could not do enough for me.  I was very nervous on the day of surgery and I swear the thought went through my head (as they wheeled me into surgery) to just get up and run but then there was this nurse that just took my hand and held it, I did not see her face but I felt her presence and although I was still nervous I knew it was going to be alright.  I cannot wait to go through this journey with you my friend.  Keep in touch, you are going to rock this thing!

kim_pei
on 4/11/15 5:04 am - Canada

Wow...I am going to start doing all of the above!  Thanks so much. ...I know it is still a few weeks away but I have a feeling it is going to go by fast. Can't wait to pick your brains!

Thanks Ellie!

KIM

JJ3434
on 4/11/15 3:14 am - Canada

OMG Yay! I'm so friggen excited for you! I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly from here! Keep us posted!!

JJ

kim_pei
on 4/13/15 10:35 am - Canada

Thanks JJ..you are next!

bigchris
on 4/15/15 7:17 am - Canada

good news hope everything goes great and have a speedy recovery.

kim_pei
on 4/15/15 7:27 am - Canada

Thanks Chris. ..I am scared and excited all at the same time! I will be counting on you guys for advise. Lol

Kim

Colleen_SJ
on 4/18/15 10:28 am

Congratulations! Since mine was done on March 30 I haven't had one second of regret!

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/15 9:31 am - Oromocto, Canada

Congrats!  You're gonna find this next month will fly by and you will by on the losers bench!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views