7 days until surgery

amandajean35
on 4/21/15 9:05 am, edited 4/21/15 9:06 am - Canada

hey everyone,

I have only one wee****il my sleeve surgery now.  Boy has it been a long wait but now it seems to be flying by.  I have been on the shakes for a week and it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I haven't had any headaches and feel good maybe just a little tired.  I meet with the bariatric nurse today and have lost 8 pounds for the last week and everything is a good to go for surgery.  I am a little nervous but mostly excited.  Does anyone have any extra ideas about getting their protein amount in in the first month.  Did anyone use the unflavoured protein powder to add to stuff?  Anyways any advise will help.

Thanks Amanda 

Ellie333
on 4/21/15 10:13 am - Canada

My advise would be to drink your protein shakes when you have been moved to the mixed consistency diet.  It is a good way to up the protein, I tried the unflavored protein powder in my broth and when allowed oatmeal, I put it in that as well.  I think the key is to not use too much of it because I used a full+ scoop in my drink and it was NOT a good decision.  Remember that we are only allowed 4 oz of broth so a full scoop is way too much (just my opinion).  It is perfectly normal to be nervous/excited, that is exactly how I felt, you are going to do just great.  Be patient with your recovery and you are going to rock this thing.

Ellie 

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/15 6:00 am - Oromocto, Canada

I bought Beneprotein, the unflavoured protein powder that Rhinette suggested. It is cheaper to get it at Fords pharmacy in Moncton. I try to buy two containers when I go down for my appts since I'm an hour and a half away. It is a whey based protein, so even though i put it in my soups, it blends in much better flavour wise in milk products. One thing I had when I could start mixed liquids was Yop. It's easy to add in the powder and shake it up. At first I could only tolerate one third of it at a time. I had the cherry one, and even though the flavour is throughout it, there was no chunks so it didn't straining or pureeing. You can also add milk to it to water it down at the beginning. 

kim_pei
on 4/26/15 4:05 pm - Canada

Your time is getting so close!  Could you imagine it a few months ago? lol...I am going to my preop appt May 7th and then start the diet on the 11th and surgery on the 26th.  Time is ticking by....just so glad it is so close...let us know how you get along...will be thinking of you!

Kim

amandajean35
on 4/27/15 12:59 am - Canada

It does go by so fast, seems like yesterday it all started.  My surgery is tomorrow I'm scared and excited can't wait to be on the losers bench.  I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get out of the hospital on wed I hope if everything goes well. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views