New member!

c-ram
on 5/15/15 12:24 pm - Canada

ive finally started the process. April 7 th I got the encouragement to speak with my family to discuss the possibility of being referred for surgery. He thinks it would be best for me.  

Im 31 and have 2 small boys that need me to be healthy.  It's a funny feeling because I 'feel' healthy right now although im far from it.  I have no energy at all to do much of anything, and recently put my back out twice . I do not have diabetes, but each time I get blood work done... I expect the results to come back that I do as it's huge in my family's history.  

I just got back from a vacation down south. I was speaking to my husband about how I actually perceive myself. .. and that is the fact that I don't think of myself as obese until I look in a mirror or look at pictures ...  I am constantly saying `is that what I really look like`. The fact is. .. yes it is.  It's hard because what I see in those pictures is a person who is so unhealthy. .. 

I am so excited that I've started this process and reading all your posts is inspiring

karasmom
on 5/15/15 5:41 pm

Congrats on making such a huge and life changing decision!

kim_pei
on 5/15/15 9:43 pm - Canada

WTG...takes a while but  I am almost there and cant wait to be on the bench as they say!...Best of luck with the process, you will learn a lot in here!

Kim

allyray
on 5/16/15 2:08 am

I know what you mean about not recognizing how big and unhealthy you perceive yourself to be. I have gone for years not hardly looking in tr mirror, but even when I did, it was mostly if my head. Seeing pictures of me just sickens me when I realize what I really do look lke but think about what I will look like after and this surgery is going to change my health, I'm feeling so proud of myself for taking this step!

Good for you for making this decision!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views