Dr. Boisvert

kimberha
on 5/16/15 5:48 am

Hi, 

I'm new to this group and I'm wondering if there is anyone here who is from Fredericton who's had their sleeve done by Dr. Boisvert.  I just got my call from his office last week and had blood testing and a visit with the dietician yesterday.  I'd love to be able to meet up with someone who's been through the process with him.

allyray
on 5/16/15 2:18 pm

I do know there are people on here thst have had their surgery by dr boivert so I'm sure they will chime in here soon. 

Have they given you a date yet for your surgery?

kimberha
on 5/18/15 7:56 am

No surgery date yet.  I had some blood work done last week and I had a first meeting with the dietician.  She told me that after I meet with her twice, she will send a report to the surgeon and I will then get a call for a consult woth him.  She said the whole process takes about 6 months, so I suspect my surgery will be some time in November or December. 

Lcs1234
on 5/19/15 5:17 am

Good morning, I am not from Fredericton, but I did have my surgery done by Dr Boisvert in October 2014.  In 7 months I am down 100 lbs and its absolutely amazing.  Dr B was great, although I would say a little hard to read on my first couple of appointments, but I think he wants to ensure people are ready for the surgery and doing it for the right reasons. I have talked to some others that have gone to him and they found him the same way but I don't mean this to be disrespectful to Dr Boisvert, just letting you know how some of us found him to be. He's great and I think of him almost as a god. lol   There are some up and downs with this surgery, but I am so thankful to have had it done.

kimberha
on 5/20/15 6:03 am

Wow!  100lbs in 7 months!  Congratulations!  I look forward to my first meeting with Dr. B.  How long did the whole process take, from your phone call from his office to your surgery?

Medic586
on 5/21/15 12:42 am

After i saw the dietician for the first time my surgery was 3 month after.  I saw her twice in september and i saw dr boisvert also twice and i had my surgery nov 7

jenrogers36
on 5/20/15 4:47 pm - Canada

Hello, I am also in my process with Dr Boisvert. My friend Jamie had hers by him a few months ago and did really well. I am just waiting to get my call for my appointment with the Dr. I have completed the dietitian appointments and now more waiting :) 

Jamie86
on 5/26/15 3:36 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

I'm that Jamie! Lol yes I had my surgery on March 19th. Dr boisvert has very little bed side manner but a very good Dr. You will like him ... He doesn't sugar coat anything and his main consern is that you understand what you are getting yourself into .... It's a huge lifestyle adjustment and you do feel like your friend food  has died. 

I'm not from Fredericton but I'm only an hour away and hit Freddy every now and then. 

My whole process took a little longer because I was a smoker... Smokers take way longer. I'm guessing you must be a smoker if she told you that long. You have to have to have to quit ..... Dr boisvert will not operate on anyone who has not been quit for 6 months ... Erin told me on my first visit it was now up to me how long the process took because she said if I quit tomorrow I can have surgery 6 months from tomorrow... That was June I was completely quit by Aug but I didn't start my dietitian appointments till October... Feb was my 6 months and I was booked for the 19th but get delayed until March 19th because the dech didn't have anywhere to put me after surgery. The staff at the surgical wing were great. Very calm and relaxed acted very casual which kept me calm and when they took me into the OR they quickly got things going and I didn't even know they put me under till it was over. My best advice is don't be a hero and take the pain meds. One step at a time ... The first 48 hours after surgery was the roughest all you have had is clear fluids and getting light headed was my biggest issue every time I got up I get dizzy which lead to dry heaving. It sucked but soon started to pass and I was up doing laps around the hospital floor. I had my surgery on a Thursday... and if Dr b does yours you will too ... And home Sunday. I have had no  complications... The only thing I had an issue with was heartburn and it was bad even taking the meds they prescribed didn't help ... He prescribed a different one tecta ... that was a month ago. I have not had heartburn for even a second since then! I am having my second month follow up this morning! I am currently down about 44lbs is only 8 weeks! I was really hoping to hit the 45 mark for my follow up appointment but I have been training for the mudd sweat and tears 10 km race that's coming up in August.. so I think that has slowed weight loss a little bit everyday my clothes are much looser.. I'm to the point now where none of my pants fit they are at least 2-4 sizes too big!

If I had to go back and do it again I would with out hesitation... Best thing I have ever done for me! And don't let people get you down. my best friend we pissed at me and I heard a lot of why can't you do it yourself or on the liquid diet your doing good now just keep with it. Everyone has an opinion yours and your doctors is the only one that matters in the end. Best of luck. 

Message me if you want to chat!

Btw I have seen people that don't smoke move through the process with Dr boisvert in 3 months! 

Surgery Date February 19th, 2015..... Cancelled due to the DECH in Fredericton not having any Beds :( 

Re-booked for March 19th, 2015

Goal #1 - Training for Mudd Sweat and Tears on August 15th, 2015 - all 10km's completed! 

Goal #2 - Achieving Goal weight!

Medic586
on 5/21/15 12:40 am

Hi im from Grand Falls and i had my surgery with Dr Boisvert on Nov 7 2014.  He is a really good doctor.  I had some complication that he never saw and he really try to figure what was wrong. You will like him.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1045 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1901 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1753 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views