Dr semerjian

Dailystruggle
on 5/17/15 5:34 pm

After 5 years of waiting, I met with the team two weeks ago. Now I go Tuesday to meet dr semerjian and then a group/support meeting on Wednesday. Anyone have any advice/knowledge what my surgeon meeting consists of? And how long of a wait I can expect after before the actual sleeve surgery! 

allyray
on 5/18/15 5:29 am

Hey.  Congratulations on getting this far.  

I will speak for myself here as I know that waiting times vary.  I had my initial consult back on November 27th, and now my surgery is June 8th with dr savoie. The reason I have been so long is because when I had my preop testing, it was discovered I am a type 2 diabetic. So had to wait awhile. I think normally once you see the surgeon and do your preop testing, and the anesthesiologist, it isn't long. I'm sure others will agree with me. 

Good luck!!!

Dailystruggle
on 5/18/15 5:50 am

I hope I can see the anethist on Tuesday as well. Save me a 3.5 hour drive. What exactly does the surgeon go over? The team meeting was pretty in depth that I half wonder what else we have to talk about lol. 

allyray
on 5/18/15 6:21 am

He just talked about what the surgery consisted of, went over some family history. Stuff like thst and asked if we had any questions, etc...  Honestly I can't remember everything he talked about but it's not a bad meeting at all. Doesn't really take long either. 

Where do you live?  I live in Sussex so I have 3 1/2 hour drive too

Dailystruggle
on 5/18/15 1:38 pm

Thank you for replying. I live in Hampton.i say the sooner the better. I have not done pre op testing yet, wondering if it can be at my home hospital, would sure help with travel.have you ever stayed at the pavilion?(I think that is what it is called). I'm going solo tomorrow, does not make sense for us to both miss work yet...I figure hubby can use is vacation time when I need him most:)

allyray
on 5/18/15 3:44 pm

I had all my tests done here at the Sussex health center. Just ask Carole when you are up there and she will arrange it. 

I have t stayed at the pavilion yet but plan to the night before my surgery. I've been told it's a really nice spot. And you can't beat the price!

zen4ever
on 6/11/15 10:58 am

Where is this Dr. Semerjian?

karasmom
on 6/23/15 7:14 pm

He is part of the Bathurst clinic.

islandmom
on 9/14/15 4:12 pm - Canada

I had my first appointment Thursday and my surgeon is Dr.Semerjian as well.  Now Im waiting on my appointment with meeting him. Its a long journey up to Bathurst as I live on Grand Manan Island.

Igotthis31
on 10/5/15 8:59 pm

Have you had your surgery? I am still waiting to meet the doctor.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1740 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1739 views