3 days post op

Dailystruggle
on 7/11/15 3:00 pm

Had my surgery on Wednesday, everything went well, but now that I am home I am having a hard time drinking my liquids without feeling nauseous. I had some this morning, vomited, took a gravel, slept all afternoon and now still feel queasy. Anyone have any suggestions?

karasmom
on 7/12/15 4:25 pm

It is rough going at the start but don't give up!!

Dailystruggle
on 7/12/15 4:32 pm

Thank you for the response. The hospital said my nausea would be gone by day two..... Not the case. I've gone back to clear liquids and made it through the day without vomiting 

thinkinhaboutvsg
on 7/17/15 3:42 pm

i had trouble if things were high in sugar making me nauseous & sick, also takes time for all meds to come out of your system, chin up it's all up hill from here on out ;)

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/15 6:30 am
VSG on 11/18/15

So it's been a while - how is it going now? I hope things have gotten better and I'm very interested to hear the account of someone who is newly post-op.

Dailystruggle
on 7/23/15 4:53 pm

Well it's been 15 days post op, I've definitely been having some struggles. I've been so nauseous an vomitting all the time, which is quite rare.... I've talked to so many people who have none of that.... In defensive of the sleeve, I worked three jobs and go to school full time so I was quite wore out by the time I had my surgery. My weight loss on boost was 11 pounds, and 19 lbs since surgery. Despite the nausea I wouldn't change it for the world.... Oh and I've had no pain and my incisions are doing great.

but for those newly facing surgery, let me just say this.... The temptation of food is everywhere.... Every commercial is food, Facebook full of recipes.... Family outings.... It's just everywhere so make sure you have a good family support system in place because it's not easy!! But certainly do able!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1040 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1893 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1748 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1747 views