Really?? only shakes and water for 14 days???

cathy2120
on 11/11/15 2:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

I can't believe it...say it's not true!!!

cathy2120
on 11/11/15 2:58 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

I need salt!!! oh and coffeeeeeeee!!!!!!

WenNB
on 11/11/15 3:45 pm

It is true. It is to shrink your liver so the surgeon can visualize to operate on the stomach safely. Livers are very fatty and this is to shrink the fat from it.

I had 4 protein shakes a day and water, and there was a list of 2 cups of veggies I could have per day, with nothing on them of course!

The first week was okay except the hunger. The second week was very rough. I was extremely weak and almost fainted several times at work so had to be done work early before surgery. Not everyone experiences this, though. I'd lost 26 pounds on the pre op diet.

If I could do this, you can too! It's not easy but so worth it. I gained a lot of weight during the surgery period from IV fluids and never lost an ounce until the 4th week post op, but I'm losing lots now and feel so much better.

Good luck in your journey!

cathy2120
on 11/12/15 10:51 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

I have a shake for breakfast, veggies for snack, shake for lunch, veggies for snack, shake for supper, veggies for snack...when do you drink the 4th?

...I'm just whining for whining's sake...lol  Not many people are ever on here except for about 6 people...I would so kill for salt...lol

but 6 more days and I'll be on your side of the surgery...so excited ...lol

WenNB
on 11/13/15 9:12 am

I had a shake for breakfast, lunch and supper and about 1-2 hrs before bedtime. Veggies in between and was only 2 cups a day total.

cathy2120
on 11/13/15 9:18 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

I divide my veggies into 3 snacks...  Supper is at 5:00 for me and bed at 10....dunno if I could drink that at night....I don't really like it that much...lol

Chanti_
on 11/14/15 8:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

I put my veggies in chicken broth, add a little garlic, or some hot sauce (sugar free of course) and any other herbs and spices you like and it's not a bad veggie soup.  I had it every day pre-op, it's what got me through.  What's better then a warm bowl of soup on a cold day in November? Well, lots of things, but we work what we got, am I right?

cathy2120
on 11/15/15 8:22 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

We cant have broth cause man that would be awesome! Lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/15 9:36 am
VSG on 11/18/15

I've been cooking the tomatoes with some peppers. It releases a lot of liquid.

I add some basil and a little hot sauce. I puree that and then add the other veggies at the last minute, just to cook them soft.

It's not bad.

MyJourney2015
on 11/13/15 12:32 pm

I had my boost at breakfast, lunch, supper and evening snack.  I would have 1 cup of veggies at lunch and supper.  I had to drink the boost with a straw and plug my nose so I couldn't taste it.  I could only do protein shakes for a few days after surgery and now haven't been able to even think about drinking them.  I am thankful that I can get my 60 g of protein from food right now.  During the pre op diet I just kept telling myself that it was the next step to have the surgery.  It was a long 2 weeks but well worth it.  Wishing you all the best on your pre op diet!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views