We did it!!

cathy2120
on 11/21/15 6:06 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

Well we did it!!!  we are home and now recovering...I've followed every little thing in the book and what Dr Semerjian told me...He was a great doctor...great bedside manner.  still feeling tired but have periods of lots of energie....so I just need to take a few more days to recuperate. It was great finding someone who was at every step with me at same time...  If I had an appointment so did Sinister Dan...lol  Now hopefully we can question each other on what is happening.  Thank you Dan!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/15 7:28 am, edited 11/21/15 8:56 am
VSG on 11/18/15

This got a lot easier when I found out that someone on this forum was in the same group as me and ultimately scheduled for surgery on the same day. Cathy, you're more than welcome for any help I provided you, and let me thank you right back. Congrats to you, and let me say that my one disappointment is that we didn't meet in person while we were in the hospital.

I'm amazed at how smoothly things went. I feel very good, the pain is noticeable but manageable and so far, I've had no nausea of any kind. Doctor Semerjian was excellent and does have a great bedside manner. More importantly, on the day I was to be discharged, he was there before 10am to release me. Far and away the worst thing about this were the hospital beds; they were nasty!

I'm thrilled with how it went and with how I'm feeling now.

Most of the people who come to this forum are still waiting, and if that's you, be patient. You might be thinking that it's easy for me to say that now, but I waited for five and a half years. If you can wait, it will happen.

I plan on staying here and posting my progress - this place could use more of that, I think.

Now, because it's very sunny out, I'm going to go for a short walk.

karasmom
on 11/22/15 6:01 pm

Congrats guys!!!  

MyJourney2015
on 11/23/15 6:45 am

Congrats to you both!!  Best wishes on your journey 

NF4135
on 11/24/15 6:38 am
VSG on 03/23/16

I am really looking forward to the updates as you adjust to your new stomach and way of life.  Dan, Cathy, Are you in pain?  Are you able to sleep?  Any problems?

I hope you are both still doing well post surgery.  It's been 6 days and I am curious how the recovery and food changes are progressing for you both.

I hope all is well,

cathy2120
on 11/24/15 9:30 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

I felt great at hospital when i left hospital. On the drive home,  it must have jiggled some things around because I felt really sore for the rest of that day and tired the next day I still felt tired but after that I feel great I had no pain not hungry I feel even better than I did before so I'm kind of scared to say no pain whatsoever I would recommend this to anyone who wanted to go through it

NF4135
on 11/24/15 9:44 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Thanks Cathy.  I was a little worried about the pain threshold that would be required to get through the days after surgery.  I know we need to keep moving to avoid blood clots and I was worried the surgery pain might inhibit my desire to move.  I am happy to hear that might not be the case.  Sounds like you are doing great post surgery so that helps my fears.

Thank you for the update!

cathy2120
on 11/24/15 11:07 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

Well as an example... I drove 30 minutes to the mall and have been walking around since 1:30. No pain have to have liquid so i brought my water bottle and now im sitting having wonton soup minus the wontons...lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/15 6:25 am
VSG on 11/18/15

The pain has been very manageable. I was given a prescription for a lot of pain meds and I stopped taking them two days ago. I just haven't been that sore since the first day or two.

The full liquid diet is going well. I haven't had any nausea to speak of and I'm getting a little more variety back into my food. Also, I just don't have that much of an appetite compared to pre-op, and that is a good thing. I still get hungry, but it's very muted compared to how I used to feel.

Like Cathy mentioned, the biggest surprise is how well everything has gone. The pain was lower than anticipated, my recovery is going more quickly and more smoothly than anticipated and I'm have fewer problems than I would have expected based on what I was told.

Right now, I'm almost blushing about how well it's gone. No complaints so far.

NF4135
on 11/25/15 6:42 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Thanks for the update Dan.  My fears are starting to disipate and I am focusing more on the less hunger more statisfied person I will be after surgery.

Sharing your experience has really helped me.  You and Cathy are greatly appreciated!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1046 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views