Waitlists for surgery in NB!

brodyceno
on 11/15/15 6:14 pm

Hello All!

I've been on the waitlist with Dr Beausoleil (Moncton) for about a year now.  I called the other day and was told they are doing consults from referrals in 2010, but have stopped consults for this year as the info sessions have filled up for this year.  For this reason, I am having my doctor send my referral to Bathurst (Savoie or Semerjian) and Fredericton (Rene Boisvert).  

I am looking for some feedback on wait times for the first call!  If my referral is sent this week, does anyone know approximately how long gthe wait is to see Dr. Boisvert, Savoie or Semerjian?  I am really hoping it is less than 5 years, which is what I am looking at with Beausoleil.

I have looked into having surgery out of province, but have been told NB medicare will no longer cover surgery out of province.

Any info you can provide would be hugely appreciated! 

Thanks in advance! :) 

canucksjnb
on 11/16/15 7:38 am - Canada

I waited 5 years for Dr Beausoleil, but it was totally worth it.  Nice guy, great surgeon and awesome follow up care with the bariatric team.  Out of province is expensive.  I know someone *****cently had the slimband done in Toronto, and I believe it was $15,000. 

Best of luck!

cathy2120
on 11/16/15 1:40 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

Dr Beausoleil is about 8 years

Dr Savoie and Semerjian is about 4 years

Dr boisvert no idea....I asked to be on all listings so I was going to get the first available.

once I have surgery which is booked for Nov 18 I'll call and remove my name off all the other listings.

brodyceno
on 11/16/15 2:17 pm

The wait times are very discouraging.  At least I have comfort in knowing that it is  going to happen at some point.  I called Dr Boisverts office today, and the lady said there is a 4-7 year wait there.  So looks like it will be 5 years no matter what.

Thanks for the info! 

Medic586
on 11/16/15 3:17 pm

I did my surgery with Dr Boisvert in Nov 2014. I only waited for 1 yrs and half.  That time there was no list and he was chosing.  But now i dont know if he change the waiting list.

brodyceno
on 11/16/15 6:05 pm

I believe I had read on another forum that the wait with Boisvert was significantly less than for the others, but I'm guessing things have changed since then.  The lady today said 4-7 years, and I find it odd that it went from a year and a half to 4-7 years so quickly.  Only time will tell I suppose. ?

cathy2120
on 11/17/15 8:21 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15

it doesn't surprise me...once everyone found out about him...they all jumped on his bandwagon....too bad there isn\t just one universal list and all doctors call from that one...bet it would make the wait time a lot smaller...lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/15 9:41 am, edited 11/21/15 8:56 am
VSG on 11/18/15

The wait lists are long, and when you are at the start of the process - or even a year into the process - it seems like an unbearable amount of time to not get the help you need.

I've been there. I was referred in April of 2010. But here is an absolutely vital fact; I am having my surgery tomorrow.

It ends. You will have a day, where just like me, you are in the enviable position of knowing that the surgery that you have been waiting on for five years is about to happen. The time in between is a lot less important than you think and allows you to evaluate all of this on a lot of levels and that is very important.

Patience is a virtue, long-term patience is a necessity.

canucksjnb
on 11/17/15 1:32 pm - Canada

best of luck tomorrow!

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/15 4:56 pm
VSG on 11/18/15

Thank you. It went really well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow