Liquid diet before surgery

islandmom
on 1/25/16 8:30 am - Canada

Im having Dr.Semerjian as my surgeon.  Im just wondering what is it I drink while im on the 2 week liquid diet before surgery? I know ill find out when I meet him and the information session but just curious.  Can you fill me in as well what goes on at the information session. Thanx! 

Jen J.
on 1/26/16 6:15 am - Canada

Hello, I had Dr. Beausoleil in Moncton.  The two week liquid diet consisted of custom ordered protein shakes from a company called Slimtime.  It was either 4 shakes per day or 3 shakes and 2 protein bars also ordered through that company.  At our info session we spoke to the nurse, the physiotherapist, a previous patient who shared her story and basically received a lot of info regarding the pros and cons of the different surgeries.  Using the internet and coming to these forums will provide you with a lot of different information and opinions.  Make sure you do your research but at the end of the day your Dr. and you will have to decide which route you should go.  Good Luck!

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

NF4135
on 1/26/16 6:51 am
VSG on 03/23/16

For the Bathurst Clinic you will be given the choice of using SlimTime Meal replacement drinks or Boost Diabetic drinks.  If you choose SlimTime they need to be ordered through the clinic and Boost can be picked up from local stores.  They did make a point to mention that the meal replacements will cost around $150 and to be prepared.

I choose Diabetic Boost, and have been purchasing them when they are on sale for $7.99 or 2 for $15 for the 6 pack.  I was hoping to pick it up from Costco but they carry Boost High Protein not Diabetic.

I haven't gotten my date yet so I am not sure how I will do when all I eat is Boost for 2 weeks but I have tried them so I know what they taste like.

islandmom
on 1/27/16 4:18 am - Canada

Thank you for that info!  The SlimTime is $150?  Im taking the Boost would be the cheaper way to go?

NF4135
on 1/28/16 12:31 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

Boost was more in my control -and had 3 flavors.  It is also premade so for convience and simplicity, I selected Boost. (and if I keep finding it onsale it will also be cheaper.)

islandmom
on 1/28/16 2:50 pm - Canada

I priced Boost down here on the island where I live and its $15.09 for 6.  I can get it cheaper at Wal Mart so if I go the Boost way I will order from there.  Was the SlimTime $150 per week or for the 2 weeks?  Is it powder that you have to mix? Having the 3 different flavors of Boost is good though

NF4135
on 1/29/16 5:29 am
VSG on 03/23/16

So Boost is on sale this week at Shoppers Drug Mart($7.99), Atlantic Superstore($7.99) and Pharma Choice($8.99) for the 6 pack.  Walmart is usually $12.99 for the Boost 6packs.

I don't recall the answer to your SlimTime question but on this website http://www.slimtime.com/drinks/slimtime.html they have the SlimTime box with 7 packets for $21.00.  It is a powder and you mix it yourself.  If you choose SlimTime I believe that the clinic had an order form and they submitted the order...again it has been awhile so I might have the details wrong.

CarolLeeMcNeil
on 2/1/16 9:23 am

If you are close to a Costco, they also have a Kirkland product that's pretty much the same as boost.  My sister was on it for a while..and it's A LOT cheaper then buying boost at the drug store or even walmart...I bought it for her a few times and I think it was like $22 for a box of 30-35?

You can also order from Amazon (free shipping with Prime) 24 pack for $43.23.

http://www.amazon.ca/Original-Ready---drink-bottle-24-Pack/d p/B00DW4TEEE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1454347148&sr=8-3- fkmr0&keywords=boost++meal+replacement+drinks

I just find it so odd that they tell you to drink this..if you look at the ingredients it's scary.  The first 2 ings are Water, sugar, glucose.  But I guess it's low in fat..and they want the fat off your liver before the surgery.

Jen J.
on 2/2/16 4:46 am - Canada

Just a thought...I think that you are looking at the regular Boost products? I am pretty sure you would be told to use the diabetic Boost to reduce the carbs and sugars during the two week diet.  However every surgeon is different :)

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

nb_chick42
on 2/8/16 3:55 am
VSG on 02/10/16

I am having surgery in Bathurst on Feb 10th. I am on diabetic boost . I was not able to find it on sale anywhere. Cheapest place was Walmart for $11.99 per 6 pack.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views